BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyway we could put together a group buy on some blinder units? Also anyone on here have the blinder setup. I have heard that they are great especially with having the V1 setup. Today was the last straw. Trooper decided to say hello.

·
13,589 Posts
Anyway we could put together a group buy on some blinder units? Also anyone on here have the blinder setup. I have heard that they are great especially with having the V1 setup. Today was the last straw. Trooper decided to say hello.
I've got the M25 extreme, it works fantastically. It's fun to watch them stop shooting to check their gun. I've got it in conjunction with a V1, no speeding tickets since.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
I've got the M25 extreme, it works fantastically. It's fun to watch them stop shooting to check their gun. I've got it in conjunction with a V1, no speeding tickets since.
This sounds like a good set up.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does the blinder work only if the cop is pointing a gun at your for speed? Or if he is sitting along the side of a road and just using instant on or other technologies will he get an accurate reading?

·
Registered
210 Posts
How does the blinder work exactly?Does it jam the signal?I know that regulations are being discussed to declare such devices as being illegal in south africa.

·
Shill account for CNS Racing
435 Posts
+1 for Blinder. I also have a record no tickets since the purchase.

The M25 Blinder jams the laser gun signals coming from the front area and the
M45 jams both front and rear. When you first get the loud alert that you have been lasered from a cop, quickly apply the brake to get down to the speed limit and then turn the Blinder device off (through a switch) to allow the police to get a reading. This way the police is lead to believe his gun had an issue and that you do not have a laser jamming device.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
Blinder

After getting lazed at nearly 1000' and ticketed for exceeding the speed limit by a significant amount, I had the Blinder M45-X-treme installed. It's only gone off once since then in a threat situation. I was traveling with a group of cars (all exceeding the 55 mph speed limit). I immediately slowed down to 55 and then shut off the Blinder which is the recommended SOP. Count me as a satisfied customer.

·
13,589 Posts
Does the blinder work only if the cop is pointing a gun at your for speed? Or if he is sitting along the side of a road and just using instant on or other technologies will he get an accurate reading?

Laser is instant on. But there is also instant on Radar....basically if you're the first one in line, you're screwed when it comes to that. Keep your eyes open, scan ahead, and use your brain and you'll be alright

·
13,589 Posts
Where did you mount the heads? Vertical in the grill or elsewhere?

d-
They are on my X5, but on my M5 I plan to mount them in the lower grille (on top of the T bar on my 540i sport setup). I also am going to purchase the part that the sunroof control/homelink fit into from a 2003 w/ BMW assist and use the dead plug to mount the switch.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
They are on my X5, but on my M5 I plan to mount them in the lower grille (on top of the T bar on my 540i sport setup). I also am going to purchase the part that the sunroof control/homelink fit into from a 2003 w/ BMW assist and use the dead plug to mount the switch.
I've been looking for a BMW OEM switch to put there for the very same application. Let me know if you find a suitable switch. Thanks. :cheers:

·
Registered
683 Posts
^^^
+1

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
That's where the Euro dash is most useful, my switch is in the little cubby hole next to the OB11 socket, it can't be seen as it's drilled in to the top of the cubby hole. Nobody would ever find it without guidance...:hihi:
I'm going to see if my shop can wire the on/off switch to my (now) useless active seat button. :cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts