BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of 4 style 65 rims, recently refinished and pained carbon black. As far as I can see, these rims are in perfect condition. I will go back tomorrow when I get back from work under a very bright light and confirm that there are 0 scratches and no curb rash anywhere on them. The rims come with tires included, shipping at buyer's expense (or come pick them up if you live near DC). I will get pics up tomorrow (Monday 7/6) and post them as a reply to this thread. All four tires have roughly 75%-85% tread on them, but I do see some minor cracks forming on the outside sidewalls of the rears only. Fronts are perfect.

Asking $950 since they are in perfect condition and come with tires. I don't need to sell them fast, but I'm open to offers. Once again, pics will be included in a reply to this thread within 24 hours.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Pics?

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
In for pics. Carbon Black paint? Hmmm.... What kind of tires are mounted?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pics below. I got my hands covered in brake dust before work just for you guys :)

I can't believe I forgot to say the brand of tires. They are Bridgestone Potenza RE960as (all seasons). I got a close-up shot of the sidewall cracks in the two rear tires in the pics below. Once again, the fronts are perfect.

3 of the rims are 100% perfect condition, and one of the rear rims has a small bit of chrome showing near the ///M logo, and a sliver of chrome peeking through on the edge. Barely noticeable, but one of the pics below is a close-up on this so you can judge for yourself. I have 20 OEM lug nuts that I'll throw in for an additional $10.

The pic below is a little dark since the rim is in my trunk as I have been using it as an emergency spare (never needed it so far, knock on wood).

Close-up of the chrome showing through

Even more close-up of the part near the ///M logo

Close-up of the perfect front tires

Close-up of the sidewall cracks (only on rears)

Tread

Close-up of tread

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Those don't look like Carbon Black to me. I don't see any blue hues to it.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got them off someone with a carbon black m5 who said he had them paint matched to his car. I assumed that meant they were colored that way, but I'm no color expert so I can't guarantee it. Apologies if I misadvertised these. If you're confident these aren't carbon black ill edit the post accordingly.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
They dont look like carbon black to me either but the lighting where they were photographed does not seem sufficient to really tell for sure.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I went back to the garage after work today and examined them closely against a bottle of BMW carbon black touch up paint I borrowed from a friend, and it is not an exact match, but it's pretty close. So let's just say these are black. I can vouch for their blackness. Anyone interested or more request for pics let me know!

I put a craigslist ad up in case you want to email me. M5 rims + tires (black style 65, e39)
Last time I put my email address on a public forum someone signed me up for match.com as "terrificmomma"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts