BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I'm getting a set of 20" deep concave rims buillt for my beast. I'm struggling with finish options. Can you please post up pics of your black rlms? Especially if you have a black car. I am really stuggling to picture how it will look.

I'm thinking:
Gloss black barrels, semi gloss face
Or Brushed centers, chrome (or polished) barrels

Thanks so much!

Ben

·
Registered
407 Posts
All,

I'm getting a set of 20" deep concave rims buillt for my beast. I'm struggling with finish options. Can you please post up pics of your black rlms? Especially if you have a black car. I am really stuggling to picture how it will look.

I'm thinking:
Gloss black barrels, semi gloss face
Or Brushed centers, chrome (or polished) barrels

Thanks so much!

Ben
A chrome barrel? yikes! I hope you mean/meant lip, not the inside of the entire barrel. A semi gloss face and a black barrel would be cool; if you are going for the murder look.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
These are the different wheels/color combinations I've had/have:

1. Radenergie R10s with gun metal finish centers/polished lip
2. 360 Forged Mesh 8s with brushed centers and chromed lip
3. 360 Forged Mesh 8s with platinum gray centers and chromed lip
4. Neez QD7s with hyper black finish

I think if I get another set of wheels like the ADV08TS, I would see if I can get the centers in the sterling silver finish that Volk has for their wheels and probably polished or chromed lips.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A chrome barrel? yikes! I hope you mean/meant lip, not the inside of the entire barrel. A semi gloss face and a black barrel would be cool; if you are going for the murder look.
My mistake, I do me chrome lip. Though for the Black look, I'd go full barrels painted I think. It's just hard to spend $$ and realize that either a) you didn't go aggressive enough in term of looks (brushed center, chrome lip), or b) you went too aggressive and you're tired of it (murder look)

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These are the different wheels/color combinations I've had/have:

I think if I get another set of wheels like the ADV08TS, I would see if I can get the centers in the sterling silver finish that Volk has for their wheels and probably polished or chromed lips.

Damn EuroCarFan, you're even more crazy ADD with wheels than I am! Personally, I like your last set the best.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Picture 2 is my FAVORITE. What percent tint are the taillights? Or is it just a generic smoke film?

doubletrouble, I think you should play it safe and go with option "a" as you mentioned because I think, as you said again, the full murder look can get old very quickly (in part because a lotttt of people do it) I believe you can't go wrong with a brushed face and polished lip. Doin EuroCar's picture 2 setup is what I would do if I was keeping black. I am turning to space grey and, maybe the same setup will work, not sure tho.

·
Registered
95 Posts
JohnMorgan, sick wheels! what are the specs? width and offset. I love the way 21" wheels look.. but I've heard that is a harsh ride and kills the performance of the car appose to 20" wheels.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
Picture 2 is my FAVORITE. What percent tint are the taillights? Or is it just a generic smoke film?
Thanks Mike. The taillights were spray painted and I had asked my shop to do it very light. It's not a film tint so I don't have a percentage to give you.

Although I agree getting brushed or silver/aluminum wheels will be classic and won't go out of style, I also think some contrast will make the wheels pop more. How about doing a polished face with black windows (sides of the spokes)? That's close to my hyper black finish on the Neez and I think will stand out as well as stand the test of time. :)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
21x9 F 21x11 R, don't know the offsets since they keep them secret :\

There's no point in getting 20's if you plan running a 30f and 25r, my tires are 255/30/21 and 295/25/21
I've had 20's and had 255/35/20 and 295/30/20, that makes it worth it. otherwise the ride is identical. I personally don't notice a big difference in ride until I hit a pothole, but otherwise it's still comfortable. In terms of performance, you can still get Michelin Super Sports for 21's, really sticky from what I hear but I'm running Falken FK452s, they're wearing nice.

JohnMorgan, sick wheels! what are the specs? width and offset. I love the way 21" wheels look.. but I've heard that is a harsh ride and kills the performance of the car appose to 20" wheels.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Thanks Mike. The taillights were spray painted and I had asked my shop to do it very light. It's not a film tint so I don't have a percentage to give you.

Although I agree getting brushed or silver/aluminum wheels will be classic and won't go out of style, I also think some contrast will make the wheels pop more. How about doing a polished face with black windows (sides of the spokes)? That's close to my hyper black finish on the Neez and I think will stand out as well as stand the test of time. :)
AH, ok, thanks. Yeah, good idea with the window painting. Even painting the hardware black might add some pizzas. Wait, not pizza, LOL peh-zas? idk how to spell it. dam it..., itll add a nice pop effect! kinggf

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
These are the different wheels/color combinations I've had/have
5. ADV08TS gun metal finish with silver center caps and chromed lip

Make it happen! :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I concur, strongly

5. ADV08TS gun metal finish with silver center caps and chromed lip

Make it happen! :checkeredflag:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Haha oh please John, your setup is just grossly awesome :cheers:
Haha, I don't know. You and Tony have me going on the 7/8/10 spokes.... hmmm

Ok, now let me stop hijacking this thread and make a quick exit as I do not have black rims :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts