BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For any of you that have replaced your front "kidney grills", how do you remove the stock parts? I have the BLACK replacement grills and they appear to be in 2 pieces, clipped together. But, when I just flicked at one of the smaller clips on the black plastic grills, it broke off.

Now, I don't know if they come apart or what. No directions were included.

Anybody wanna give me some advice on removal and replacement of these grills?

TIA

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Bagger said:
For any of you that have replaced your front "kidney grills", how do you remove the stock parts? I have the BLACK replacement grills and they appear to be in 2 pieces, clipped together. But, when I just flicked at one of the smaller clips on the black plastic grills, it broke off.

Now, I don't know if they come apart or what. No directions were included.

Anybody wanna give me some advice on removal and replacement of these grills?

TIA
I bought the kit from Beastpower. I just did my best to spread the clips on the factory outer grill with my fingers and gently pull. My guess is that it would be best if you could get someone to help you, but I did it alone. As a result, I lost a couple clips, they are extremely brittle and fragile, perhaps since I have a 2001.

The replacement grill pops back in fairly easily, once you get the factory ones out. Did you paint the new black ones? I left mine matte black. Has a mean look with my carbon black paint.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, you did not have to take the pieces apart....? The stock grills come out in ONE PIECE and vice versa the BLACK deal? Just pop them back in? Is this correct?

TIA

·
Registered
543 Posts
There is a front piece and a back piece. You just lift up on the clips GENTLY and easily kinda of jiggle them out. This is the hard aprt, the new ones pop right in.

·
Registered
399 Posts
They are kinda crappy (the cheap black grilles). You must handle them with kid gloves and then you still may break the clasps.

Got mine on securely.

·
Registered
927 Posts
GregC said:
They are kinda crappy (the cheap black grilles). You must handle them with kid gloves and then you still may break the clasps.

Got mine on securely.

Who sells good ones? Are BeastPower's grilles good quality?

B

·
0 Posts
01M5 said:
Who sells good ones? Are BeastPower's grilles good quality?
The ones we sell are what I would call "okay" quality. They are a cosmetic item that once installed looks very good, but is a little more delicate than the OEM item it relaces, and therefore requires care when installing. For the price, they are certainly worth it. We are always on the lookout for better items on the market, but for now these grilles offer the best quality/price ratio.

Cheers, Daniel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts