Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which would you go with?

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
Black or Gunmetal centers...

here is a photo of a Z4Mcoupe black sapphire black we were test fitting wheels while we were at WheelPower...if you want Radenergie wheels let me know i'll put you with the WheelPower guys...

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Depend on the rest of your car. Black out theme? Tint taillight, window? The down side for black rims is you can't very tell the design/style of the rims. So, what i did was go with silver one, then down the road you always powder coated in black, gunmetal, or graphite when u tired of silver. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Thanks 6speed.

Omid, I actually think you should go with either graphite/gunmetal or silver instead of straight black. Kenny's right, it's harder to see details of the wheels when it's straight black. With a slightly lighter shade like graphite/gunmetal (and of course silver), you can see the wheel design a lot better.

Reactions: LoyolaM5

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea i saw the graphite color you have (EuroCarFan) and i really like it, but it isn't available without a special order. i have never powdercoated wheels so i dont know how well that works. thanks for the photos and help.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yea i saw the graphite color you have (EuroCarFan) and i really like it, but it isn't available without a special order. i have never powdercoated wheels so i dont know how well that works. thanks for the photos and help.
Come to the Wheelpower meet on April 20 to check some of them out both black and silver.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
I forgot about that. DUH! ouich hahaha

And yeah, listen to Kenny again. Go to that meet and check out all the wheel options. You might even walk away wanting a totally different brand. :7:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i can't make it the 20th. i wish i could. i am in law school and that is right about finals time. anything after may 12th and i'll be there. i need to start making it to the meets. never been to one.

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Be very carefull of powder coating. Depending upon where you live and the process, I have seen it fade and in some cases if the metal is not 6061, with the heat from brakes, corrode the metal.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Be very carefull of powder coating. Depending upon where you live and the process, I have seen it fade and in some cases if the metal is not 6061, with the heat from brakes, corrode the metal.
Cos, do you know the good place to do powder coating in where you live. I'm getting tired of silver already.
:cheers:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts