BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help... Im about to order something.... either interlagos blue with black and olive wood... or black-black with olive...someone help....

haha

MT

·
Registered
703 Posts
I like both, in fact maybe I prefer black, but my thinking was about exclusivity, interlagos blue is only available on the M5, not on the 545 or 530

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
Interlagos is a great color, but a strong one. I suggest you see it in person before ordering. Since there are no M5s in the US yet, your only choice is to track down an M3 Competition Package in interlagos. I did this recently and satisfied myself that I will like interlagos for the M5, but I can see others concluding that it is too bright.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I was going to have Interlagos until I changed my mind on the M5. It does look very different depending on the light so would recommend you see it on a dull day as it can look quite flat

·
Registered
703 Posts
Spiroman said:
Interlagos blue is also available on the M3.

Best regards,
I was only refering about the 5 series...

·
Registered
301 Posts
Personally, I'd go for Sapphire Black (or Silver Grey) with Indianapolis Red Leather and Aluminium Trim. I don't think wood suits the nature of the interior... The alu trim is more in keeping with the modern interior.

Go Discovery...

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
It's a very personal decision and I don't knock anyone for their choice. Personally I don't care for Interlagos - it's too 'flat' a colour and far too bright for a large car like the M5 (looks nice on the M3 though).

If I were you I'd choose Sapphire Black for the outside. If you insist on the Olive Wood, then don't go for black leather as the contrast is too great. I'd suggest something like Portland Brown leather (but certainly nothing grey).

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Go black Michael. It hides the sharp lines of the car better and is more obscure for when you need to "blend" in with traffic after aggressive driving. Blue is a ticket magnet, ask Rezf!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I have seen the interlagos blue and it is very classy. It is also more individual than black. The walnut wood with full perforated black leather is a gorgeous combination for the interior.

Good luck

TCM said:
Go black Michael. It hides the sharp lines of the car better and is more obscure for when you need to "blend" in with traffic after aggressive driving. Blue is a ticket magnet, ask Rezf!

·
Registered
213 Posts
interlagos blue I reckon - black bimmers are just about everywhere. Though I think a black bimmer looks tight, interlagos blue seems "regal" from all the pictures I've seen. Very classy.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Wow- that really shows the range- great shots Gustav. I've seen ILB in person and I was struck with how purple it can look. Its not for me, but it is a nice color. I think this comes down to: do you want a more aggressive color or a more conservative color. If it were me, Id be looking at a silver. Either silverstone II, Ti Silver or SilverGrey. I like those the best, I think Silverstone II right now. Whatever you get share some pictures when she arrives!

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,823 Posts
MEnthusiast said:
Wow- that really shows the range- great shots Gustav. I've seen ILB in person and I was struck with how purple it can look. Its not for me, but it is a nice color. I think this comes down to: do you want a more aggressive color or a more conservative color. If it were me, Id be looking at a silver. Either silverstone II, Ti Silver or SilverGrey. I like those the best, I think Silverstone II right now. Whatever you get share some pictures when she arrives!
My impression of interlagos largely is the same as Jerry's. From Gustav's terrific photos, my concern was that it would be too bright and too purple in sunlight. (I really like how it looks in more overcast conditions.) After seeing the color in person in the sun, I think I have convinced myself that, while strong, interlagos is not too purple nor too bright, and unique without being ostentateous. I am still leaning that way.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Black for sure. Both for looks and for resale I think. It is nice to have an M5 only colour like interlagos...but...I spent a while looking at a blue demo car in various different lights (e.g. showroom, bright day, overcast day, night etc.) and it did look good in some circumstances but in others it just looked a lurid purple. When I got my black car and could not have been more pleased with the colour, and I think the entire sales team (bar the sales manager) all much preferred black over interlagos.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Personally I like black, my BMW is Sapphire Black and I have yet to see a E39 Touring better looking than mine (ok I'm biased). But it's hell to keep clean. My parents have a blue metallic car (non BMW) that is hardly ever washed but can look clean ever after some months on the road. So I guess it'll all depend on how much arm-grease you want to spend on your car or how much cleanness is a priority for you. Ok there's always the carwash, but my car has yet to seen the inside of one.
Interior-wise I'd go for black leather with a darker shade of wood. It gives the interior an exclusive feeling that lacks with the aluminium. The wood doesn't degrade the sportive feeling of the M5.
Blue or Black? It's the same question as shout or whisper. With the blue car everyone around you will notice you have a high performance car, even when you're standing still. With the black car you will have disappeared long before they will ever notice what hit them.:flag:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My dream combo was Saphire B. with Indy Red leather,had to compromise when ordering since had to have seat ventilation and ordered Black perforated leather with Maple wood.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
absent said:
My dream combo was Saphire B. with Indy Red leather,had to compromise when ordering since had to have seat ventilation and ordered Black perforated leather with Maple wood.
Black is a good choice!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts