BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its sad to see that this place become immature and full of hate. Poor Bill got bombard with hate replies and criticism for what ? a slipping clutch ? Big deal. The way Bill was criticized shows how many people hate him over here. P.S.,The person who talked about it couldnt deny what i heard that he would say good things if paid for the purchased clutch and bad things if not. Wow ! Should i say more ? The heart of the matter is how well the car runs and not little things like slipping clutch that was going to be replaced or dynoing a car to see 20hp (not 50 for those who jumped on me) less than promised. (every dyno is different and more hp can be easily increased by increasing boost. No rocket science needed there). And by the way, it seems my car wont be pumping 900WHP. So what is the big deal cuz it was only a quest? I will be happy if ran better and faster than before. The addition of performance parts will make it more reliable. So more reliability and a longer life expectancy along with it.

I post pictures of my car and get 1 star votes ? What the f*** ? why the jealousy ? One member went as far as saying it was the most beautiful M5 in the world yet on the other hand you get 1 star votes. Im not dumb and i can see what it is happening.

Very sad and immature it has become over here from being the most educated and probably best message board on the net which i enjoyed being part of since 2000.

So based on this, i have decided to leave this message board behind and move on.

May everyone enjoy the kids around here with the latest addition of the conman and his BS.. I cant believe someone calling me smart *** cuz they think i shouldn't have called you know who a "conman". Its soo stupid its not even funny. Did i forget to mention the other kid that picks on my spelling ?

I have nothing else to say...

·
Registered
947 Posts
Dude,

Lets save the conversation for when you get the car back. A piece of art shouldnt be judged when the painter is half way through, and neither should a project.

Sit tight and wait for that beast to return with teeth showing.

I for one will be itching to see all the pics and vids of such a project.

Its no coincidence that all threads with the s/charger conversation in are top of the board list for weeks on end....shows how much interest there is out there.

Also remember that not everyone who reads the thread posts - you are getting a minority of opinions. Most people enjoy the vids and pics, and the rest of the slanging match is elementary

Get that camera charged dude.

all the best
foxy

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hey black dont get sour man. Dont let a few comments sway your decision to leave. What you are doing to your car is hot topic. Everyone is waiting in suspense. I hope you decide to stay and show off the result, I agree some sip on the haterade here, but most of the fellas and few ladies are professional and cool people to interact with.

If you decide to still sign off for good, good luck man. Have one on me
:cheers:

GB

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
abdulla...

I agree man...why do you think I left the boards for a few months? I got tired of being told how to run my internet experience, all while watching others get told nothing.

I too hate to see you go but believe me, as someone who feels in your same spot...go for it. I have been mulling over the same again for the past few months, and it has only been kicked into serious mode, in the past week.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Guys,

please weigh up the positive comments and the negative comments you have had on the board re your projects.

Surely the positive support you had, especially through the dark days of the RMS saga helped you through?!

I have been following the black m5 project since way back then, and have been waiting for a positive outcome all along. Looks like its just round the corner, so PLEASE dont deprive us positive members of the chance of sharing your fun!!!

Anyway, of course i respect your decision, but lets not be too hasty with respect to the board, there are only a few members who slang on this board, some who ***** about others without even owning an M5 themselves!!

cheers

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
foxy...my motives are less pushed by comments of members than some others on this board.

Sure, negative comments about my project are to be expected and i take those with stride but there is just a large negative aura around the board these days, and im not quite where it starts but i have a good idea.

·
Registered
947 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
foxy...my motives are less pushed by comments of members than some others on this board.

Sure, negative comments about my project are to be expected and i take those with stride but there is just a large negative aura around the board these days, and im not quite where it starts but i have a good idea.
i hear ya, maybe we can speak with gustav etc to try and mitigate some of the negative stuff? Seems a shame a small minority should ruin the board for the members who REALLY make it. grrrrrrr

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Of course, I cannot prevent you from leaving, but let me just say this. I have enjoyed reading many of your posts- and I think they have given another dimension to the Board. Namely, the high end modification dimension of what's possible. So first, thank you for exposing us to that. Second, I want to say, look, sadly, what you say is true- its become too ugly on that topic. While nothing I can say would change that, I can say, that its my observation that as these kinds of messageboards become more popular, you get more people with a greater diversity of opinion, and frankly, a greater diversity of manners too. I've seen it before with other messageboards. I think in general we do a good job of self policing here. But nothing's perfect.

So I will leave you with this question: should the bad behaviour/ poor manners of a few people cause you to lose your enthusiasm in this messageboard, to which you've contributed much? IMHO, the answer is: NO WAY!!! But of course, the choice is yours. No matter what you decide, I wish you the best of luck and happy motoring. :M5launch: :flag:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Whenever you try to do something thats ground breaking and different, you get nay-sayers and jealous fools who try to undermine your goals and criticise your path. (Just ask Edmund Hillary or Gallileo)
On a much smaller scale I had exactly the same experience when I tried to build a really quick 3000GT, and the response was very very sceptical , even overtly negative. But when it was dyno'd with 396bhp at the hubs(over 500bhp at the flywheel) the doubters were nowhere to be seen and not a single apology was received. But when it later had problems due to a dodgy part being supplied, there were lots of people making "told you so" type comments behind my back.

What I eventually realised was that i wasn't that bothered what other people were saying about my project, i wasn't doing it for them - I was doing it for me. I was building this hopefully 11 second GTO for me and couldn't help but share the fun and good times i was having with the board(and the negative stuff, challenges, problems or whatever you call em) And the negative inputs and bitchy gossip i heard about just washed off me after that.

Now there are lots of people trying to emulate what i did with my car(and other ground breaking owners like Mark Beales and Brendan Fennel did with theirs) and its started a real big trend of heavy modification. The same will happen on here you just wait and see..

Personally i have loved seeing the project unfold and have really really enjoyed your obvious joy and enthusiasm for the car. I also agree whole heartedly aboout your praise for Bill and the DA team, and I only wish they were based in the UK! Or that I had the resources to get my car to them in time for the Driver's Run this year!

If you leave the board it will be much the poorer for your absence and you will be greatly missed.

Whatever you decide .. Good luck with the car!

DMC

·
Registered
355 Posts
I echo this Abdullah - please don't leave!! Your presence on the forum and your M5 project (plus Rob's) have made my hours in the office more tolerable. You have also been the inspiration behind a project I am working on.

If you do leave here, at the very least please continue to use the DA chat rooms, so people who are very keen to see how things work out can follow the project.......

Roger

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Black M5, not good.

So, how can we fix this and which comments do you refeer to? I beleive the majority of your posts was positive? Or am I wrong?

The star ratings is not something to think too much of, that is because it is anonymous people vote there, proably for jelously.

I also think people might be more negative when you started heated discussions. I think it is sad that you leave and it is not needed. What is needed is to fix the negative atmosphere.

There is good news, the new m5 comes out within weeks in Europe and you get your car soon!

·
Registered
947 Posts
Gustav said:
Black M5, not good.

So, how can we fix this and which comments do you refeer to? I beleive the majority of your posts was positive? Or am I wrong?

The star ratings is not something to think too much of, that is because it is anonymous people vote there, proably for jelously.

I also think people might be more negative when you started heated discussions. I think it is sad that you leave and it is not needed. What is needed is to fix the negative atmosphere.

There is good news, the new m5 comes out within weeks in Europe and you get your car soon!
Gustav, thanks for intervening. I believe this is when a moderator is needed, the board needs members like black m5, and its a shame when members who are new etc beat him up over stuff they dont know about.

remember the board member with the dinan s/ch project who left?

anyway, cheers

·
Registered
355 Posts
Abdullah - you see how much support there is for you from Europe alone, there will be a lot more when people are online in the States later today.......

Roger

·
Registered
49,477 Posts
Yes, we also lost the one and only owner of the first M5 supercharged.

So let's see that post and see black M5 post and see if certain members are standing out.

This is no good, everybody should feel welcome here, incl. the most enthusiastic like Black M5.

Black M5, do you have any concrete suggestions how to handle this and make it better?

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Abdulla, whenever you get a stupid comment, think about the quote in my sig. I hope that that sais more than enough. :) As for you leaving the board, I would find it a bummer. You're posts are always a pleasure to read, and I have enjoyed following your M5 project the past few months. Don't let some kids steal the fun from us and please keep us updated on your cars.

·
Registered
355 Posts
ps for purely selfish reasons as well, I need to know how yours works out before I supercharge mine in June.......

·
Registered
268 Posts
Abdullah

I am sorry to hear that you are considering leaving the board. As far as I have read (please correct me if I'm wrong) only a few people have given you negative feedback on the project and you as an individual. With more than 11.500 people on the board, these things are bound to happen. I do however think that you are right about the jealousy part. 11.520 members are in fact jealous of your new toy, but 11.511 of us in the best meaning of the word. :M5thumbs: An important reason (IMO) why treads with pictures of your car hasn't been given more than a couple of stars is that we don't seem to use this "right" very often. Personally I haven't rated any tread ever. This may not be right, and I agree that your huge effort in trying to get the fastest M5 and most unique M5 out there deserves a lot of credit. I guess most of us could be better at this.

I assume that the supercharger treads we have seen lately play a part in your decision (again, please correct me if I'm wrong). The reason why few members have come forward an supported you may be because people doesn't want to get involved in a discussion they don't have any relevant information about. The ones who are jealous of you in a not so nice way, might on the other hand not have enough common sense to stay away from the SC discussions. The negative feedback may appear to be stronger than it really is.

Maybe all members should be forced to daily read the E28, E34 and Alpina section for a couple of weeks. The discussions going on here are more mature and respectful than in some of the other sections. I think we all could learn something from these.

I hope that neither you nor anyone else decides to leave the board without being absolutely sure that this is what you want.

Best wishes.
Kenneth. :)

Edit 2: Spelling (again). ouich

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.