BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my M5 to the track yesterday. The car is stock, aside from Pagid RS19 front and rear pads, and K-mac front camber plates, running at -1 degrees camber.

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
Can you give me some specs on the track and climate of the day ?
Tire pressures ?? ect..

·
Registered
93 Posts
track times for e60 m5s

Took my M5 to the track yesterday. The car is stock, aside from Pagid RS19 front and rear pads, and K-mac front camber plates, running at -1 degrees camber.

nice job just finished my 2006 m5 i gutted it for the track took 600 lbs out of it. take a look at my track pictures before weight reduction craig

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

I got -1 degree without camber plates, but my car was lowered by a little over and inch. I run -2.5 in front and -1.5 rear. I have found the stock pads to be plenty at the track. However in the group I run we only get 30 minute sessions so this may play a role.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
nice job just finished my 2006 m5 i gutted it for the track took 600 lbs out of it. take a look at my track pictures before weight reduction craig
Holy crap you are kidding right? 600 lbs. What the heck did you take out??:eek:oohhh:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you give me some specs on the track and climate of the day ?
Tire pressures ?? ect..
The track is known as Mallala in South Australia. It's 2.6kms with 8 distinctive turns. It is also known to be the most taxing track for the brakes, hence why stock M5 brakes just wear out very quickly. Tempreture was around 20C.

Tires were around 44 hot. I dropped it to 38 later in the day which was better.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mallala_Motorsport_Park
http://mallala.com/startyourengines/

Attachments

·
Registered
93 Posts
weight savings on 2006 m5

Four people.:rolleyes:
i removed all interior, sun roof all side windows and motors all stock seats all exhaust system replaced with headers and custom exhaust with just resonators,removed air conditioning ,added roll bar recaro race seats 2 front only, and 6 point harness . added diff cooler and trans cooler,added lexan side windows carbon fiber hood and track data aquistion. custon 3 piece hre race wheels brembo 6 piston front brakes and brembo 4 piston rear. dinan 3.91 rear diff, dinan sway bars front and rear. moton shocks with coilover springs all around. left stock dash and cener console. this is a track car only. i was turing 215.25 second laps at watkins glen last year at full weight and r6 hoosier tires. i should haul *** now. check out my pictures from the glen last year.craig

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Looks like alot of fun.

Seems like Black is a popular colour...

·
Registered
58 Posts
not much left huh.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts