BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My local dealer has a loaded 4-door M3 for sale at MSRP; (they never mark up their cars). Appears to be fully loaded with the MSRP at approximately $70K.

I have dealt with a saleman there for years and he is the best you'll find. If interested in the car, PM me and I'll give you details on how to get in touch with him.

Bish

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
from what i'm hearing over at the m3 board, this car is widely available in inventory, and small discounts are not uncommon, especially on the sedan.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Beverly Hils BMW wants 20K over sticker.

Only crazy people buy there IMHO.

·
Registered
7 Posts
May I ask you US people that when you say a car is $70K, is that the total price you pay or is there tax to be added and if so how much.

It just seems so unbelievably cheap.

In the UK, about one and half hours flight from Germany, we would pay about $100,000 for a base E92 M3, on the road price, but you could easily spend another $10,000 adding some toys.

Would be interesting to know, cheers.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
May I ask you US people that when you say a car is $70K, is that the total price you pay or is there tax to be added and if so how much.

It just seems so unbelievably cheap.

In the UK, about one and half hours flight from Germany, we would pay about $100,000 for a base E92 M3, on the road price, but you could easily spend another $10,000 adding some toys.

Would be interesting to know, cheers.
Most states will add about 7% tax, and road tags to the price you pay for the car. Some states charge none however; (Oregon?).

Also, if you trade in a vehicle, most states will only charge you sales tax on the difference in price that you pay.

As an ex-pat, I know that the taxes you pay in the UK are outrageous compared to ours, and on top of that, the car itself is much cheaper here for the same product; i.e. loaded M3 about $70K before taxes, etc. Many countries even worse than the UK of course.

Bish

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cheers!

Shame as the M3 would be affordable for me in the States but it is pushed to completely unaffordable in the UK.

Maybe I should emigrate.

Mind you it maybe the favourable, for us, current exchange rate that makes Euro cars in the US seem like such a bargain.

·
Registered
7,572 Posts

That's unreal. There are M3s on Ebay, new, from BMW dealers for under MSRP. One is set at $500 under and another one was $2k under MSRP. There is plenty of supply at dealers here in NC sitting on their lots that can be bought for less than MSRP. There surely can't be someone willing to pay $20k over sticker for one? Why not buy one from a dealer elsewhere for $2k under MSRP, save $22,000 minus shipping costs...would still yield more than $20k savings. Weird.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
The local dealer here also have 2 M3 at still sitting on their lot.

One is Coupe in white with CF roof priced at 70K MRSP (no markup)
And the othe one is Sedan in Jerez Black priced at 68K MSRP (no markup)

Both cars has all possible option from what I can tell.

The fact that they both still sitting there perhaps due to the market condition in general is softening. So for a compact car with 70K price tag might put some damper for the buyer in making a purchase at the moment.

I met couple of people who are seems to be interested on 1 series, and I was talking to one guy who is ordering 135i with sport package.

But I must say that E90 M3 in Jerez Black looks so mean and aggressive. Looks mighty tempting :D

Regardz,

J Irwan

·
Registered
158 Posts
Let somebody else eat the depreciation

People who just have to buy NOW at full price simply aren't very wise about finance and building wealth. Pick up a low mileage one two or three years down the road for about 40% off the $70K sticker. Do this every time you buy a car in your life and you will accumulate far more wealth than the "gotta have it now crowd," and you will still have the pleasure of owning fine machinery.

·
Registered
994 Posts

Only crazy people pay over sticker I think you mean. I bought there, but paid 5.5k under list.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts