BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hve bought some black kidneys and I am not sure the easiset way of removing the old Kidneys ?

I have had a quick go but found the clips difficult to undo any tips ? ??????

·
Registered
784 Posts
They are held in the bonnet with a clam shell design.

You have to remove the back half...a few perimeter clips that remain in place however the ears have to be bent a bit and then the inside will slide away from the primary kidney grill and the kidney grill itself will be able to taken out. Becareful not to allow the kidney grill to fall on the bumper.... a small amount of tape on the outter grill as you work with the inside will reduce this risk.

I hope this helps

Shadowman

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have been looking for a set of black grilles for a few weeks. Where did you buy yours?

I got a set of carbon fibre headlight eyebrows on e bay and think these and the black grilles will give the front end that sought after Mad Max look :haha:

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought mine through Roy of CAI, very well finished, not identical to the chrome grills, frcationally smaller on the top edge (I could see 2mm gap to the original clean/dirty witness marks.

The car with chrome stealth bulbs looks very mean :cool: I will also be fitting my new AA grille as well to finish the look

1 - 10 of 10 Posts