BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Man..what a huge difference in appearance.

The kidney grilles are Auto Tecknic brand, and I ordered them Acute Performance. Very good quality stuff. Thanks Michael:cheers:
I followed Dan's Grille DIY which was very helpful.......thank you sir. Took about 10 mins. Here is the link.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...-com/143942-how-remove-kidney-grille-diy.html

The yellow H7 bulbs are Nokya Hyper Yellow's that I ordered from Amazon. For whatever reason I love how yellow lights look on a black car....I dunno why. I had yellow fogs on my black E60, and since the M6 doesn't have fogs, I figured this would have to do...especially since the DRL's can be turned on/ off.

Anyway on to the pics.......

You can see the yellow H7's reflecting slightly....

DRL's turned on...

Another shot with the car backed into the garage. With the DRL's off you can see how well they reflect from the outside light coming in.

I'll snap some better pics when I get some time....but these will have to do for now...sorry. I think it will look better when I get the Euro corner vinyls and replace the amber turn signal bulbs

·
8,369 Posts
Looks awesome!

Glad to hear my DIY post was helpful. You are welcome! And thanks for the appreciation.

I know quite a few folks that visit our board use my DIY posts too but I never hear anything from them.

A simple thank you once in a while helps to keep me going.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
The car looks great! Thanks for sharing! I just received my stickers and will place them this weekend. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Nice.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
The car looks great! Thanks for sharing! I just received my stickers and will place them this weekend. :cheers:
Sweet...let me know how they turn out. Also, where did you get them from?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks awesome!

Glad to hear my DIY post was helpful. You are welcome! And thanks for the appreciation.

I know quite a few folks that visit our board use my DIY posts too but I never hear anything from them.

A simple thank you once in a while helps to keep me going.
Thanks for the complements ;)

DIY's are great, and I greatly appreciate the time you took to document this one. Without it I would have broken some tabs somewhere for sure....so again, thank you . Do you have any other DIY's on here? There were tons of DIY's over on e60.net which was very nice.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sweet man...thanks for the links.

For now though, I think I will get some of those chrome bulbs for the front turn signals that still flash amber, but hide the amber when off. Anyone use these? Also, is it a 992 wedge bulb?

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Sweet...let me know how they turn out. Also, where did you get them from?
I ordered them from eBay. I can look up the seller and send you the info.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Snapped some better pics today....the yellow drl's are much more yellow in person than the pics show....but you get the idea:confused3

Reactions: whatheheck
1 - 12 of 12 Posts