BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

61 - 80 of 115 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Thanks. 5mm was my other choice to front. I had 8.5x18 ET13, it did not rub. 8" et20 with 15mm spacer comes 2mm more out, is it that close?

EDIT: You mean with Mitos rub?
I forget your car is not lowered, so if 18x8.5" ET13 did not rub, I think the 17x8" ET5 should be okay on your car; you may not like how far out it sticks, though. And what diameter tire on the 18?

No I didn't mean Mitos, somehow those fit like a glove. I'm referring to these pictures:

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
235/40-18

But tires were wide, much wider than 235/45-17 Michelin.

You might be right. How about 5mm front and 15mm rear? Looks like staggered hiha

Tires maybe 225/45 or narrow 235/45. Or 235/40+245/40 or....

Sorry to mess your old topic, but i try to drag you back to M5 squadron.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
You might be right. How about 5mm front and 15mm rear? Looks like staggered hiha

Tires maybe 225/45 or narrow 235/45. Or 235/40+245/40 or....

Sorry to mess your old topic, but i try to drag you back to M5 squadron.
No apology necessary, this is why I kept the thread open. Plus I want back into the M5 squadron bad :nerd

I like 5mm front 15mm rear. I just remembered my M5 was also -2 camber in the rear from lowering springs, so 15mm rear should look beefy for you with less camber.

I just bought 12mm spacers to try on my 540iT front (which has no camber plates), I'll show you pictures once installed.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Great! Should we start new spacer/fitment topic?

I like to see those 12mm spacers also, hub is ~13mm deep so spacer hub/spigot is very thin. I had ones but they broke like this Broken Spacer | ClioSport.net
Sure, new topic sounds good. I love wheel fitment :grin

I'll show off the spacers when I get them, they should have a sturdy hub ring extender. Never had any issues with my 15mm (one from H&R, one set from Turner).

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Sure, new topic sounds good. I love wheel fitment :grin

I'll show off the spacers when I get them, they should have a sturdy hub ring extender. Never had any issues with my 15mm (one from H&R, one set from Turner).
15mm is fine, have more material. Here 10-12mm spacers are hard to find, 5mm or 15mm and above. Btw wheels came today...

Oh go ahead, make topic. You already have photos.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm still kept up to date with any BK06091 developments; she just hit 240k miles and is living the dream. The new owner has unfortunately had to pony up a good bit of $ on unexpected bits (aforementioned cooling system, a new center tie rod despite my having replaced it with Lemf just 10k miles ago), but he's loving the car and plans to keep it long-term. He dislikes forums but I can give anyone interested his Instagram, which is where he mainly keeps updated. He also just picked up an 82k mile Brilliantrot '91 that he plans on flipping. Surprisingly, he likes BK06091 better.

I don't regret the trade and the 540iT has needed absolutely nothing save for a new intake hose (the same one/equivalent hose that was torn on the M5, LOL). It desperately needs a six speed in the short term, and a B38 long term. Also needs new doors due to rust...

I've autocrossed the 540iT, and the M60, while fine for daily use, is just so flaccid compared to the S38. Though I'm looking at house buying in late 2017, I'm pretty sure an S38 touring is tops of my ideal 4 season daily driver. I've used the wagon for its intended purpose so many times already.

It's snowing now for the first time this season (!!!), so I'll be able to report more on the Quaife soon
:devil

Morning guys. Figured it was about time I chimed in to keep this thread updated. In case my user name doesn't give it away, I am the proud current owner of BK06091. She's about to roll over 243k, probably Friday afternoon. Aside from the cooling system, valve cover gasket, the throttle boot and some minor suspension repairs, I haven't had to do much to the car out of necessity. As far as feeding the addiction: Went through a few sets of wheels, rolled the fenders slightly (the driver's rear was already rolled, I matched the passenger side), installed KW coilovers, retained the 15mm spacers, played with a couple of brake options that will be finalized come spring time. Also tinted the windows, installed Hella clear tails, French smileys (that will be removed next week in lieu of Hella smoked smileys), and some euro trim. As she sits right now, winter mode consists of naked m systems with brand new Nokian snows. Daily driven, daily loved.

The Brilliant car (bk05640) isn't a flip car but a parts car. After the purchase, numerous issues were discovered. It was not the easiest of decisions, especially because from 10 feet the car shows very well. There was some hostility towards my decision to part at first, and I even questioned myself for a little while, but once it was rationalized it seemed like the best of both worlds; I can take some of the low mileage parts and install them into bk06091, and help out others who need things. I figure that there won't be a plethora of 85k mile g280's or b36's popping up for sale any time soon, and a certain Heidi is begging for some itb's in her life.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The thread is yours, good sir.

I hope you don't include me in the hostility regarding the parts car; I may have questioned you at first, but definitely approved of the decision when it became clear some of the good stuff was destined to keep BK06091 on the road!

No, of course not. After consulting a few others, I got responses ranging from "You're an idiot" to a few more vulgar ones. Lovingly vulgar, of course. The interior goes in on Wednesday. Even though its temporary... You know what's next :devil

·
Registered
53 Posts
I forget your car is not lowered, so if 18x8.5" ET13 did not rub, I think the 17x8" ET5 should be okay on your car; you may not like how far out it sticks, though. And what diameter tire on the 18?

I ran 18x8.5 et 6 BEFORE a 15mm spacer with a 225/40/18 up front and there was zero rub, even at full lock. Still had the GC camber plates on.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Welcome sir, we've been expecting you.
I ran 18x8.5 et 6 BEFORE a 15mm spacer with a 225/40/18 up front and there was zero rub, even. Still had the GC camber plates on.
Camber about -2 degrees? Wheels offset with spacer -9? Which Nokian tires you have?

Parting car gives parts to ~10 cars and keeps those going longer :thumbsup:

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome sir, we've been expecting you.

Camber about -2 degrees? Wheels offset with spacer -9? Which Nokian tires you have?

Parting car gives parts to ~10 cars and keeps those going longer :thumbsup:

Thank you for the welcome!

Camber specs still -2 degrees, I didn't have to adjust it at all from the time I took ownership. The summer 225/45/18's were Potenza's. Yes, -9 et after spacer. It didn't sit out beyond the fender, otherwise I would've stepped down to a 12mm or 10mm spacer.

Winter wheels are m systems (17x8 et 20) with Nokian Hakkapeliita's.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Good to see you here man! Take it the m-systems and nokians are from Eric? Looking forward to seeing some parts getting pulled and seeing this car progress!

-Greg

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good to see you here man! Take it the m-systems and nokians are from Eric? Looking forward to seeing some parts getting pulled and seeing this car progress!

-Greg

Didn't get them from Eric, actually had a spare set of m systems in my living room, and bought the Nokians new through work after I had to leave the car on the side of the road at the top of Gore pass outside of steamboat....

Nic needs to get it together. He was supposed to come up last weekend, and we were going to drive up. Now he's going to ship the car or something. Either way, when he's up, we're both coming up. Hopefully Mrs Bleedsblue lets the Mr out and we can get mixed up in some shenanigans. :cheers:

61 - 80 of 115 Posts
About this Discussion
114 Replies
19 Participants
Bleedsblue
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing