BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Can someone help, I am experiencing a strange problem which has only started over the weekend, at low revs the car misses and struggles to pick up speed once past around 3500 rpm it back to normal, this does not occur while ate car is cold it starts happening after driving the car for around 30 mins, now I have done the folllowing in the last 6 months:

Change spark plugs (original item), I have rechecked then all o.k.
Rotor arm distributor cap
Injectors checked cleaned washers changed
Adjustable fuel pressure regulator
Fuel filter

I have never changed the leads, could one or more be failing or could have a split ???

Any clues :confused2

Thanks

Waz

·
Registered
733 Posts
Hello,

Have you had the fault codes read? Could there be anything wrong with the EML? The electric throttle body?

Either that or maybe you have an ignition lead fault or a vacuum leak somewhere?

It's a needle in a haystack job when writing from a distance though, so can't offer much help!

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Dave

thee EML seems to be o.k I have just changed the ignition leads going to test later and see how I get on, following this I will take to car again to a roling road tuner and get a full checkup.

Wasif

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Kees

I have checked that post before, changing the leads didn't help, now I had a sniff of the dipstick and is does have a bit of a fuel smell, BUT the injectors have been tested, cleaned and services all are o.k, this was done around 3-4 months ago but not driven much (around 500 miles), will be injectors need to be re-tested and services again.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have query regarding injectors, my car is ging into garage to check the injectors and the coil resistance to injectors (16 ohms), if they need replacing I have been hunting round for new injectors, in a previous thread mentioned the car uses audi 200 injectors, since my car is running 350 HP the original injectors are 300 cc 16 ohms each injector handles around 61 HP, I can't find any injectors at 16ohms running wiht a hugher output I am looking for ones that provide 350 - 400 cc. The only way I can do this is my reducing the ohms to 12 but I have been told ths required ECU work to change the ohms to the injectors

Any ideas

The replacement bosch part number for audi 200 turbo is 0280 150 737 is this correct, if I have notother option I will need to get roriginal items

1 - 6 of 6 Posts