BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
That's one heck of a present! Congrats! I've got a sterling gray 2002 as well.

M5 didn't have too, too many options so you can figure it out relatively easily.
1) You don't have PDC since you don't have any holes in the bumpers
2) M-Audio... you can look at your Nav/Info screen to see if you have an option to adjust DSP
3) Fold-down rear seat w/ ski pass thru bag... this you can find out just by seeing if your rear seat folds
4) Rear/side sunscreen... there'll be a button next to your sport or DSC button that raises or lowers the rear screen, and the side ones on the rear doors are manual

If my memory serves, these are pretty much it. Alternatively you can take your car to any BMW dealer and have them run a print out of your car with the VIN. They can pull up the options on the car and also service history.

kiddhan625 said:
Hi Guys

Parents bought me a 2002 M5 with 6,500 miles for my 26th birthday. The car is unbelievable. Feels good to be a proud owner of an M5. However, I have a question. The car did not come with its orginial sticker. So how can I find out what all options it came with? Thanks! Pictures on the following link:

http://www.pbase.com/rsujlana/rups_26th_birthday_present_bmw_m5

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Some birthday present! Congrats & welcome aboard :cheers:

·
Registered
262 Posts
very nice... and the mileage is very low.
congrats! :M5launch:

-joe

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
That has got to be the best birthday present I have heard about!

Congratulations and welcome.

Great color BTW...

·
Registered
931 Posts
That is some present! Congratulations! Your parents must really love you!!! kinggf

I live in the Fairfax area, We may see each other on the road one of these days. :cheers:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!:happybirt That is an incredible car with such low milage!! (Just driven on Sundays at the track?!;) )

Best Wishes,
Alfred

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Wow..

congrats... I my self just bought an M5, and I was eyeing this particular one (was on the lot of Mercedes Benz of alexandria)... but I finally bought mine from a private owner in Chicago.... 2002 Carbon Black with 11,200 on the clock..when I picked her up.. :D :D :d

I can say I know how you feel.....

And I must say that you are very lucky to have parent like that..

Regardz,

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Very nice birthday present. :happybirt Enjoy.

·
Registered
255 Posts
wow that is one heck of a good present. if I were going to pick up that car on a sunny day, I would ask them to drive it under some shade. I dont like sitting in a hot car, esp when I'm picking up a new one.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
J Irwan said:
Wow..

congrats... I my self just bought an M5, and I was eyeing this particular one (was on the lot of Mercedes Benz of alexandria)... but I finally bought mine from a private owner in Chicago.... 2002 Carbon Black with 11,200 on the clock..when I picked her up.. :D :D :d

I can say I know how you feel.....

And I must say that you are very lucky to have parent like that..

Regardz,
The funny thing is I think this is the same one. They bought this M5 from Mercedes Benz of Alexandria.

·
Registered
540 Posts
go to your BMW dealer and ask them to pull a service history report on your VIN. It should show the factory options.

happy birthday and happy motoring.

al

1 - 18 of 18 Posts