BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it finally arrived...she's LeMans Blue with Caramel interior...some say that color combo is cheesy...but I love it and that's exactly why BMW gives us choices.

I want to thank everyone who provided insight and answers to all the questions that I had during the painful pregnancy period. Ironically, it was precisely 9 mos. from deposit to delivery
I felt very prepared for it's arrival.

I picked the car up at Hendrick Imports in Charlotte, NC. Great dealership by the way...they hung around pretty late after hours making sure I was taken car of. I then drove it home to the Washington, DC area arriving at 5:15am just in time to wake up at 8:00am to leave on vacation with my family. It was tough to leave it in the garage but I sure wasn't taking it to the beach and exposing it to all that salt air...at least not this early anyway.

Here's to getting past the run-in period...

Tschuss,

Dave

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Congrats.

Ours (Silverstone/silverstone) arrived this Saturday, and it'd been almost exactly nine months as well, but we'd done Euro Delivery so we got to crawl into the womb and play with it for a while in July.

The break-in period will go quickly - 110mph is still enough to get serious red-light suntan in most of the US, and even with only 5000RPM at hand the car is still quicker than most of what you'll meet on the road.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts