BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Vincent,

I am about to receive my newly acquired M5 from Cali and like most new owners I want to make sure the maintenance is on schedule. I plan on doing everything that comes in this package except the oil. PO JUST changed it. However, in addition to this I want to replace all 4 O2 sensors (damn they are expensive!). So I have three questions.

1. Can you put together a package that excludes the oil/filter but adds the O2 sensors?

2. Are the spark plugs listed single or four prong? I know OEM is single and I can get them locally for $7 each but Id rather give you the business if the package as a whole is more cost effective.

3. Would it be better to just go "a la carte" in this situation?

Thanks for the info...Scott

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,
1. Removing the oil and filter taks off $124, do you want all 4 oxygen sensors?
2. 4 prong, and these NGK are OEM replacements
3. package is ok, removing the oil/filter

thanks!

Vincent

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yes I thought I would buy all 4 and have them all on the same schedule. It is virtually impossible to find out if they have been changed in the past even though the PO did an Insp II, I doubt that was part of it.

So if you could email me the total cost of the "package" we just discussed, I will place the order.

[email protected]

·
Registered
316 Posts
Just want to let you guys know this is a great package to put together & make for an easy purchase.

I bought most of my Inspection II items from Bimmerzone last spring (everything included in this package except for Transmission, Diff, and Brake fluid) and created a spreadsheet to track everything then :eek: It's so much easier now!

Just a suggestion, if there is any discount for buying all of these items at once (hint hint :D), you may want to highlight that on the product page :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts