BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

121 - 140 of 192 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Unless you're caravanning with a group or something, I would imagine the meeting point is the Courtyard Marriott in Columbia, MD.
Thanks - what time will the mass procession be leaving for the stadium?

·
Registered
335 Posts
M5Board Attendance List:

jdauria - E39 M5 - VA (maybe)
deafM5 - E39 M5 - CT
Timmay77 - E39 M5 - OH
spatchel - E39 M5 - NJ (maybe)
ReMi - E39 M5 - MD
HotSauce - E60 M5 - DE
JoeGBC - E63 M6 - NY (maybe)
LJG - E39 M5 - DC
JZelnick - E39 M5 - NJ
kimokk - E34 M5 - VA
TheMayor32 - NY
M//azing - E60 M5 - NY
gbmwpower - E39 M5 - PA
m5deamon - E39 M5 - NY
Baghdad11B - E60 M5 - NJ
REKIII - E39 M5 - WI (Maybe)
Paul88 - E39 M5 - FL
metaphysician - E60 M5 - DE
///m62e39 - E39 M5 - MD
540wayne - E39 M5 - NY
spclv - E39 M5 - DE
Delo_Mio - E39 M5 - NY
Hdhntr23 - E39 M5 - OH (maybe)
nsogiba - E39 540 LS - NY + 2 M5
dmurr - E60 M5 - PA
C's Bimmer - E60 M5 & F06 M6 - NY
technician117 - E39 M5 - NY
TravisBurrell -E39 M5 - PA
Dougsic - E39 M5 - MD
Quicksilv3r - E90 M3 - GA
KingJaffeJoffer-E39 M5-PA
mtordie - E39 M5 - MD
Mfizzlenyc - 135 -NY
215bimmer - E39 M5 - PA

·
Registered
933 Posts
Anyone in pa going on Friday ? That would wanna drive with me and meet me in Harrisburg with my New York friends ?
Not leaving here until Sat. morning, Travis. Otherwise, I'd meet you in Hbg.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Coincidently enough my wife's family has a reunion in Richmond this weekend so I'm driving down from NJ Friday AM to Virginia and will drive north to DC on Saturday AM.

What time are we meeting at the Courtyard Marriott in Columbia MD?

Is this the confirmed local meet up point?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I am working on getting us a reserved spot, will everyone be able to be in the area by 9am?
I can be there by 9am. Guys that want to meet in Delaware at the Delaware House rest stop on 95, I guess that means we're leaving by 8am sharp. I'll be at the NE end of the rest stop (see picture) by 745am (look for Space Gray M5).

Meeting at Delaware House Rest Stop 745am:
metaphysician
spatchel
Hotsauce

Any others, let me know and I'll add

Attachments

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
This is the information that I got directly from Tim from Bimmerfest. Adam or Tim if you are seeing this could you chime in and let me know if the group from your area is able to make it at this time?

Hi All,

You have requested information on group/team parking at Bimmerfest East 2014 sponsored by Turner Motorsports. Group/team parking is the first row next to the classic/show cars registered for the Battle of the Bimmers (BMW competing for trophies). This is a premium area of the show we have reserved in the morning for you and your group/team. The parking row we have saved for you is highlighted in purple on the attached map. Please do not park in any other location.

To park together you must arrive together as a group. I suggest you stage at a location near, but not at Ripken in advance and then caravan over. Please arrive at Ripken between 8:15 and 9:00am on Saturday. Each car will pay the $30 entrance fee, have everyone in your group bring $30 cash to speed entry. You will then proceed to the area highlighted and park with the assistance of our parking service. Parking is on a first come first served basis but we have plenty of parking for you all so don't worry.

Any questions let me know. We're looking forward to having you at the biggest and best Bimmerfest East yet!

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim Jones
Executive Editor | Owner | Forum Admin | BMW Enthusiast
performanceIX Inc - BMW News, Events and Community Forums
Bimmerfest.com | E46Fanatics.com | E90Fanatics.com | F30Driver.com

Attachments

·
Registered
805 Posts
What's the plan for Friday evening? I will be arriving at the Courtyard Marriott around 6-7pm Friday night. Is there a designated venue where we'd like to do a small informal dinner? Maybe tailgating in the hotel parking lot after, or rooms if the weather is bad?

·
Registered
94 Posts
This is the information that I got directly from Tim from Bimmerfest. Adam or Tim if you are seeing this could you chime in and let me know if the group from your area is able to make it at this time?

Hi All,

You have requested information on group/team parking at Bimmerfest East 2014 sponsored by Turner Motorsports. Group/team parking is the first row next to the classic/show cars registered for the Battle of the Bimmers (BMW competing for trophies). This is a premium area of the show we have reserved in the morning for you and your group/team. The parking row we have saved for you is highlighted in purple on the attached map. Please do not park in any other location.

To park together you must arrive together as a group. I suggest you stage at a location near, but not at Ripken in advance and then caravan over. Please arrive at Ripken between 8:15 and 9:00am on Saturday. Each car will pay the $30 entrance fee, have everyone in your group bring $30 cash to speed entry. You will then proceed to the area highlighted and park with the assistance of our parking service. Parking is on a first come first served basis but we have plenty of parking for you all so don't worry.

Any questions let me know. We're looking forward to having you at the biggest and best Bimmerfest East yet!

Thanks,
Tim
--
Tim Jones
Executive Editor | Owner | Forum Admin | BMW Enthusiast
performanceIX Inc - BMW News, Events and Community Forums
Bimmerfest.com | E46Fanatics.com | E90Fanatics.com | F30Driver.com

That being said, is there a spot we can all stage (merge the South/Marriott, North/Delaware House, and other caravans) outside of Ripken? Perhaps meet at the Home Depot (across 95) and leave by 830am?

Attachments

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Thanks for arranging this, Gabe. Tim and I will plan to meet the crew going up from the Courtyard Marriott in Columbia at 7:30. It's about 45 minutes from there to BF.

What's the plan for Friday evening? I will be arriving at the Courtyard Marriott around 6-7pm Friday night. Is there a designated venue where we'd like to do a small informal dinner? Maybe tailgating in the hotel parking lot after, or rooms if the weather is bad?
My shop will be open to those of you who want to swing by and knock down a few cold ones Friday and then Saturday afternoon/evening after BF. Nothing official, just dumb guys hanging out. I have room for 15-20 cars am I'm not look for a giant blowout, so please don't post Party at Clemster threads on Bimmerforums. I'm 15 minutes west of Courtyard Marriott and an hour from Bimmerfest.

That being said, is there a spot we can all stage (merge the South/Marriott, North/Delaware House, and other caravans) outside of Ripken? Perhaps meet at the Home Depot (across 95) and leave by 830am?
Home Depot is fine but in years past we have met across the street in the Panera parking lot for those who want food before heading over. There will be next to nothing at BF in the way of food or drink. 8:30 sounds reasonable.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Thanks Adam. I touched base with Tim(may) earlier, he was thinking about having dinner somewhere once we all get in, but I would be more than ok with bringing some cookout supplies (burgers, hot dogs, buns, etc) if you have a grill. If not I have a portable one I can throw in the trunk along with propane. On second thought, I'll bring it anyways so that we can whip up lunch when we get hungry at the show.

I think Tim (technician117) has been in contact with you already and is arriving Thursday night...Travis and Beth get in Friday eveningish...I need to talk to Vitaliy and see what he wants to do.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Home Depot is fine but in years past we have met across the street in the Panera parking lot for those who want food before heading over. There will be next to nothing at BF in the way of food or drink. 8:30 sounds reasonable.
Home Deport parking lot looked bigger and there is a Dunkin Donuts right in front too. Is that a plan - all M5Board members meet at Home Depot/Dunkin' Donuts lot between 8-830am and leave by 830am sharp?

Delaware House rest stop caravan: Need to meet a little earlier, meet 715am/leave by 730am.

·
4,307 Posts
jdauria - E39 M5 - VA (maybe)
deafM5 - E39 M5 - CT
Timmay77 - E39 M5 - OH
spatchel - E39 M5 - NJ (maybe)
ReMi - E39 M5 - MD
HotSauce - E60 M5 - DE
JoeGBC - E63 M6 - NY (maybe)
LJG - E39 M5 - DC
JZelnick - E39 M5 - NJ
kimokk - E34 M5 - VA