Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
648 Posts
Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Best news of the day; pleased to hear they'll be hosting it again. Turnout last year was phenomenal, no other word for it.

I'm so IN :biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
In . . . booking hotel soon . . . which one?

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
In . . . booking hotel soon . . . which one?
Exactly. We should probably PM everyone that went last year, pick a hotel now and get the reservations made. Last year we had a hard time finding a hotel to fit everyone waiting as late as we did.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Exactly. We should probably PM everyone that went last year, pick a hotel now and get the reservations made. Last year we had a hard time finding a hotel to fit everyone waiting as late as we did.
Woot as Tim said "In". Well so am I! Regarding hotel I think the one we stayed at and left from in the caravan was legit. Will look up reservations soon as im home from work.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
Okay, guys as Tim suggested I sent a PM to those that expressed interest or attended last year but here is a post for the general membership. Obviously, the more the merrier so don't feel left out if you didn't get the PM. Those who didn't make last year know that you missed a good time so try and make it this year. It is being held at the same venue as last time and this reminder to get everyone thinking where we should stay. The Bimmerfest 2011 thread in the Regional Forums covers some of the details and what you can expect.

Basically the weekend finds most of us arriving sometime on the Friday before the event. We try and arrange something for that night, dinner, drinks, etc. After a long drive some don't make and that is fine becasue there will be plenty of time to catch up. Saturday morning, we all meet in the parking lot of the hotel and leave on a strict schedule and caravan (responsibly and safely) to Bimmerfest. We hang out there most of the day looking at cool cars and talking with cool people and then later that evening we all have dinner somewhere together. Then Adam (Clemster) and his wife are gracious enough to allow us at their home where we spend a relaxing Sunday at Clemsterfest 2012. Here we can look at eachother's cars or utilize Adam's lift, get to know everyone, put faces to board names, whatever. It is a very fun weekend.

Some of the places suggested last year:

Columbia Hotels - Doubletree Hotel Columbia - Maryland, MD (where some of us stayed for "Clemsterfest 2010" or "Herrubermensch Build-fest 2010")

Hotel in Columbia MD, SpringHill Suites Columbia (an option for last year)

Marriot Courtyard Columbia - Columbia, MD (where most stayed last year for Bimmerfest 2011)

Hilton Garden Columbia - Columbia, MD (this is where I stayed; the Marriot was booked)

The goal is to stay together in a common location. It just makes it more fun and easier to execute the schedule but, of course, everyone is welcome to stay wherever they'd like. Obviously, the sooner reservations are made, the more likely we can stay where we want.

-Josiah<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Which hotel did we stay at last year? Tim?

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
The Marriott Courtyard Columbia was where pretty much everyone stayed (I'm pretty sure anyway). I would have stayed there but it was booked full at one point but then we found it somewhat empty. I think a few even got a room there the night of! If we all make reservations there now, we will be good, I think.

-J

·
Registered
803 Posts
Can someone dig up a link to the hotel? I'm on the road working and using iPhone sucks lol

·
Registered
3,863 Posts

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I believe thats the one J. Im pretty sure Im IN too.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts

·
Registered
3,863 Posts
That's the one. There is lots of lodging closer to Bimmerfest but I think you guys should stay closer to Clemsterfest! :cheers:
^THIS

I totally agree!

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
That's the one. There is lots of lodging closer to Bimmerfest but I think you guys should stay closer to Clemsterfest! :cheers:
Wow, self promote! I plan to attent Clemsterfest this year, and Timmayfest next year once my car is totally sorted.:biggrinbounce:

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Wow, self promote! I plan to attent Clemsterfest this year, and Timmayfest next year once my car is totally sorted.:biggrinbounce:
Not promoting, just saying...

Sunday gathering at my place. Last year a good number of members were here and we had a great time wrenching along with having a few brews and food. Join us, all Beasts welcome!

Pics from last year...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
Notice who is tending the grill? (right side of the pic, outside of the garage, back to the camera) Did anyone also notice the lack of gravel on the brats and chicken?

Just sayin......

·
Registered
6,940 Posts
I vote we do the same hotel as last year. It wasn't a 5 star hotel, but it was close to food/bars, Adam's house, and it was rather inexpensive......

·
Registered
803 Posts
I vote we do the same hotel as last year. It wasn't a 5 star hotel, but it was close to food/bars, Adam's house, and it was rather inexpensive......
+1

Agree with Tim on this one.
Loved bimmerfest met my lady friend there haha.

1 - 20 of 245 Posts
About this Discussion
244 Replies
43 Participants
mamsterla
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing