BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not affiliated in any way, just sharing a cool service:
He sends the cable, emails a few files, you hook everything up, and watch your laptop ghostly work on your car...
We (He) did the following:
euro smg sw
turned the eyebrows back on
a bunch of key fob trickery
got rid of a bunch of chimes
got rid of the idrive accept
when the seat heater buttons are pushed the idrive goes right to the seat slider in idrive (for the wife)
turn signals in HUD

www.bimcoding.com

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Their pricing is much higher than other remote coders I have seen. [email protected] did all mine, unlimited remote coding for $60.

BIM Coding is charging $10 a feature on top of an $80 price base? Eek! Hopefully someone doesn't want a lot of coding done lol.

OP, on your coded heated seat feature when they menu pops up on the i-drive for the heated seats does it disappear automatically or do you have to manually go back to the home screen or other menu?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No you hit the menu button to clear: The sort of cool feature is that it goes to the driver or passenger side depending on who's button was pressed...silly but cool.

·
Registered
279 Posts
did you have them code in the Euro MDM? That is my next feature for sure. Already have basically everything else except for that seat heater thing. wonder if the same thing can be done with the my AC seats?

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Euro MDM?

Hey Kevin how you doing!

you guys are killing me! LOL

What is Euro MDM?

BTW just did my plugs and along with the Blackstone oil analysis, I think ive got a really good motor!

I bet the seat vent would probably work about the same...I bought a cable and have all the SW now to do this work myself but for the cost and potential downside to F'ing it up I think i'll stay with a third party programmer, and limit myself to the grease monkey hardware tasks.

I just wonder if when it comes to doing an smg pump, clutch or anything else that requires calibration if that too could be done remotely? don't really see why not?

I am seriously considering cancelling my third party warranty the more I learn about this car, and the condition I am starting to realize that its in...

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cost

Their pricing is much higher than other remote coders I have seen. [email protected] did all mine, unlimited remote coding for $60.

BIM Coding is charging $10 a feature on top of an $80 price base? Eek! Hopefully someone doesn't want a lot of coding done lol.

OP, on your coded heated seat feature when they menu pops up on the i-drive for the heated seats does it disappear automatically or do you have to manually go back to the home screen or other menu?
He actually did better than that...

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Tortuga, did he have to install the software on your computer first? Then code?
And was this done thru TeamViewer?

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,271 Posts
Hey Kevin how you doing!

you guys are killing me! LOL

What is Euro MDM?

BTW just did my plugs and along with the Blackstone oil analysis, I think ive got a really good motor!

I bet the seat vent would probably work about the same...I bought a cable and have all the SW now to do this work myself but for the cost and potential downside to F'ing it up I think i'll stay with a third party programmer, and limit myself to the grease monkey hardware tasks.

I just wonder if when it comes to doing an smg pump, clutch or anything else that requires calibration if that too could be done remotely? don't really see why not?

I am seriously considering cancelling my third party warranty the more I learn about this car, and the condition I am starting to realize that its in...
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/363714-euro-mdm-worth.html

Allows you to wag your tail a little more.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Bimcoding did mines after he referred me to some guy in Plano that couldn't get it to work. Really great guy to deal with. But ever since I had my battery replaced most of my coding is gone.

·
Registered
729 Posts
What? Is that normal?
I pulled my battery for the winter and that's essentially the same as replacing the battery i'd imagine. I didn't lose any of the features.

Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts