BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anybody buy these yet or plan to anytime soon? I'm curious for first hand accounts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wmorad said:
I have them on my 911 and they work great.
I was hopeing for an E39 experience. I read somewhere too that a person with a Gt2 had some poping noises when turning, due to to much negitive camber and had to shim the front did you experience anything like that with your 911? And are the compression and rebound setting for these handled by just one knob? Or is it two?


Anybody know what the drop range is for these too?

Kw offers 1.1 to 2.0 drops on their varients correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
No I didn't experience anything like that. As far as the settings are concerned I am not sure they havn't been changed since they had been installed.

Jayson said:
I was hopeing for an E39 experience. I read somewhere too that a person with a Gt2 had some poping noises when turning, due to to much negitive camber and had to shim the front did you experience anything like that with your 911? And are the compression and rebound setting for these handled by just one knob? Or is it two?


Anybody know what the drop range is for these too?

Kw offers 1.1 to 2.0 drops on their varients correct?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Jayson said:
Did anybody buy these yet or plan to anytime soon? I'm curious for first hand accounts.
Sorry, not an E39 opinion, but I have them on my VW R32. Rebound and compression are both on the same knob, accessible from the bottom side of the shocks in both the front and rear.

At least with the R32 fitment, the range of adjustability was only 25mm front and 10mm rear. Didn't have any camber issues on the R32, front or rear. However that's going to be extremely platform specific, what with differences in adjustability of control arms, etc.

Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm shocked nobody is going this route or hasn't gone this route yet, what with all the talk about um, Lceman I thought most of all would jump all on um :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,176 Posts
Jayson said:
I'm shocked nobody is going this route or hasn't gone this route yet, what with all the talk about um, Lceman I thought most of all would jump all on um :)
Like you, I've been waiting to hear reviews of the PSS9 on the E39M5.
I also would love to hear what LSCMAN has to say.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
canysmc said:
Like you, I've been waiting to hear reviews of the PSS9 on the E39M5.
I also would love to hear what LSCMAN has to say.
If you search you will see he is anamered (sp?) with them dispite not riding in a e39 with them. But he loves the specs, dispite them having "stuipedly wild progress spring rate" and "foolish adjustment damping settings"...BUt he loves um and seemed in my opinion to like them better than the foolish ground control (my feeling) system. So I figured he'd get um right away. :noSMG:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,176 Posts
Jayson said:
......So I figured he'd get um right away. :noSMG:
Exactly. So I'll wait till he actually drives/tracks them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
Jayson said:
I was hopeing for an E39 experience. I read somewhere too that a person with a Gt2 had some poping noises when turning, due to to much negitive camber and had to shim the front did you experience anything like that with your 911? And are the compression and rebound setting for these handled by just one knob? Or is it two?
Slightly OT, but why in the hell would a GT2 owner ever put PSS-9's in his car?

Who did this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hamann7 said:
Slightly OT, but why in the hell would a GT2 owner ever put PSS-9's in his car?

Who did this?

Why not?


Dont' know it came up when i was looking for info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,340 Posts
Because the GT2 suspension is already so good that PSS-9, would not, in my view, provide any improvement over the factory H&R setup.

A step up from GT2 factory stuff would be Moton, JRZ, Ohlins, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,625 Posts
Tyson,

It seems to me, and I say this without ever driving/riding in a GT2, that the GT2's performance is so high that modifying it is silly. How many GT2 owners can really extract full, or decently close to full perfomance out of the machine? Upgrading the exhaust, seats, etc. seems reasonable, and smart, but the suspension, on a GT2, really?

What do you think?

Travis
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top