BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Selling the PSS9s that came with my new E39 M5. While these are high quality coilovers, I've decided to go with a Koni or Bilstein sport shock with lowering springs for closer to OEM ride quality, the roads in NY are too messed up, pothole ridden, and bumpy to have any type of coilovers on my car unfortunately.

I may consider a partial trade plus cash on your end. I would trade for Koni shocks with low mileage on them or Bilstein B8 shocks which also have low mileage. Maybe I'll trade for your lowering springs as well if they're anything but Dinan springs (already have a set of Dinans I'm planning to buy). Otherwise i would like to sell the coilovers outright.

After the sale, I will need a couple of days to remove my Bilstein coilovers from the car, It won't take longer than 2-3 days to get them removed and ready to ship. Can't take them off now because the car is my daily.

Price: $1499 (slightly negotiable) plus shipping cost

PM me if you're interested, if you can't PM, post your email or phone number on this thread and I'll email/text you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'll drop the price to $1400 for a quick sale. As you can tell from other for sale threads, $1400 is already lower for the mileage then other examples that have been sold in the past. I'm slightly negotiable from this point but not by much, I would like to sell them for close to what they're worth while offering a great deal to the buyer to encourage a quick sale.

Here are some PSS9 for sale threads posted in the past to give potential buyers an idea of what my PSS9s are worth with only 9,000 miles:

https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-other-sale-wanted/431322-fs-bilstein-pss9-coilovers-w-damping-adjustment.html

https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/parts-other-sale-wanted/320466-pss9-coilovers.html

·
Registered
23 Posts
How many miles are on these? You say they were on the car when you bought it. Just wondering how much wear these have and if they'll need to be rebuilt anytime soon.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How many miles are on these? You say they were on the car when you bought it. Just wondering how much wear these have and if they'll need to be rebuilt anytime soon.
9,000 miles. I have proof of mileage at install from the previous owner.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
These almost new, excellent condition PSS9s are (surprisingly) still for sale! Who wants them?

I have proof of the car’s mileage at the time these coilovers were installed, so you can be confident they only have 9,000 miles on them and are basically brand new!

·
Registered
287 Posts
Would be much easier if you take these off the car and quit putting mileage on them and pictures would certainly help your ad to verify wear and condition.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Would be much easier if you take these off the car and quit putting mileage on them and pictures would certainly help your ad to verify wear and condition.
I don’t have another suspension to install if I remove the coilovers, plus it would be a waste of labor to continuously switch setups.

I also don’t know when these coilovers will sell so having the car on jackstands for weeks just isn’t feasible for me. The additional mileage added is negligible, I have receipts for the labor that can verify their mileage.

If I find a buyer it won’t take long to remove them.

I’ll have the wheels off the car at some point this week so I can get pictures then.

Thanks

·
Registered
287 Posts
I don’t have another suspension to install if I remove the coilovers, plus it would be a waste of labor to continuously switch setups.

I also don’t know when these coilovers will sell so having the car on jackstands for weeks just isn’t feasible for me. The additional mileage added is negligible, I have receipts for the labor that can verify their mileage.

If I find a buyer it won’t take long to remove them.

I’ll have the wheels off the car at some point this week so I can get pictures then.

Thanks
Wouldn’t be a waste of labor if you installed this with the set up that you plan to replace it with? Anyways, I’d be a potential buyer if there were pictures to verify and the miles and wear weren’t going up any higher.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts