BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I need some bigger swap bars on my e39 m5.. but. I can't find them ANYWHERE. ... does anyone know a company that makes them? I already asked turner and ecs... blahhh

·
Registered
322 Posts
If i recall, I think Eibach makes some that are a bit bigger.... Don't remember how much bigger.

·
Registered
322 Posts
CNS?

So looks like only their rear is bigger.

·
Registered
12,952 Posts
So I need some bigger swap bars on my e39 m5.. but. I can't find them ANYWHERE. ... does anyone know a company that makes them? I already asked turner and ecs... blahhh
Dinan bigger front and bigger adjustable rear bar is a pretty good setup. Will that not work for you?

Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
797 Posts
It looks like many here use the 18mm Eibach 540 sway bar. You can find them for ~$140 new and turn around and sell your old one to the 528i crowd.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm looking mainly for a bigger front. Rear in not too worried about cuz I want roll in the rear but need to stiffin up the front for less roll after testing this past weekend

·
Registered
794 Posts
Slight OT but I remember reading on here that installing the front sway bars is pretty price when it comes to labor. I read lots of people who do rod bearing replacements also change out the sway bar since quite a bit is needed to get to the sway bars. Anyone know how many shop hours it would take just to do a front sway bar replacement?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Eibach and Dinan have larger front and rear. The rear is easy, 4 bolts/nuts, the front is more difficult, from what I've read you have to remove the front subframe to replace it. For the Eibach bars you should be able to get them pretty much anywhere. There's multiple threads on the topic, I got mine from Advanced auto. Using some coupon codes I got my rear bar for 80-90 as I recall

·
Registered
7,564 Posts
The problem is that the stock front bar is 27mm, and the aftermarket bars (either Dinan or Eibach) are only 28mm which gives just a 15.6% increase in stiffness (assuming the same moment arm length, but I'm pretty sure neither one of them is adjustable)...given the labor that's involved to swap it, it's simply not worth the meager return.

Reactions: bikerj11

·
Registered
632 Posts
Slight OT but I remember reading on here that installing the front sway bars is pretty price when it comes to labor. I read lots of people who do rod bearing replacements also change out the sway bar since quite a bit is needed to get to the sway bars. Anyone know how many shop hours it would take just to do a front sway bar replacement?

Yes there is a fair amount of labor involved in installing/replacing the front sway bar. Essentially you have to disconnect the front subframe and drop the it enough to get enough room to maneuver the old out and get the bigger one in. It's not difficult just labor intensive compared to the rear sway bar..

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok I'll look into it deeper. Labor I'm not worried about considering I will do the work at the shop I'm sponsored by ( Global Alliance ) and I want a tad less body roll up front.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The problem is that the stock front bar is 27mm, and the aftermarket bars (either Dinan or Eibach) are only 28mm which gives just a 15.6% increase in stiffness (assuming the same moment arm length, but I'm pretty sure neither one of them is adjustable)...given the labor that's involved to swap it, it's simply not worth the meager return.

Exactly. .i really want 30 mm up front....i may just have to go with the "swift" springs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts