BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Big brakes at only $20/pair! Look out Brembo and StopTech!

6K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  jwaked 
#1 ·
When I saw this press release, I almost fell out of my chair. Looks like Brembo and StopTech better watch out. ;)

"At only $20 a pair. Nissin Japan is proud to announce the release of this new Spoon caliper series, designed for a snap-on application for all popular Honda models across the range. Nissin Japan says, "It enhances the driving pleasure whilst maintaining a stock braking effect under all conditions."

See less See more
#6 ·
I particularly like how it 'ehances driving pleasure'... but keeps 'the stock feel'.

But hey, on a dollar-to-performance ratio this is no less silly than many of the upgrades we see discussed here.

A

#9 ·
Good find, Dave! Maybe we could get a group buy going :blink:

Let's see.... an 8" caliper on a 9" rotor. Very nice.

Someone email that company and let them know their wheel is missing 4 of the 8 lug nuts :1:

cherrsagai

#10 ·
Forget the brake application, they might make great fishing lures! :1:

#11 ·
these will sell like hotcakes!!

Most people on this board have better taste than to entertain such products or understand why someone would buy these...

...however......there are many people out there who paint their drum brakes red, and their stock calipers red...these people will love these....

youve all seen greg's bmw nightmare page right??!!!!!

#17 ·
Where is the genuine Type R badge? Spoons cool, but anyone worth their rice knows that it's all about Type R badges, whether they come from the fast and the furious cataloge or kinkos!
Typical modern modding...make it look "cool" while doing nothing for the car. Hilarious. Those are almost as good as the hubcap spinners.
:cheers:

#18 ·
Let me guess, shortens the distance from 60 to 0 by ......................?

#19 ·
The perfect match for roll bars made from painted PVC pipe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.