BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Im from kuwait I had a bad issue happened to me as i trusted a company and thought the ecu could be cracked by a company called Eurocharged. However i paid a 2000usd to this company to tune my car to get some hp i dynoed the car before and after there wasn't any gain in the hp i thought that the ecu needs to adapts it however i dynoed it again no difference. then i came to UAE to tune my car PP performance the offer a performance box then tuning the car as the ecu can't be cracked. The company told me did you try to tune the car? i said ya by eurocharge they said they added an old file only i think they said 2010 or 2011 file for the car only there wasn't a tune. Eurocharge doesn't tune m5 or any other company without a piggy back. I just wanted to share this for people to be aware of those companies PP did a great job I'm not saying this because for marketing because i tune my car for hp my car got a very good number if anyone interested in knowing the number he could send me a dm and i will tell them the number. the company is very good in tuning.
Thanks a lot if anyone has questions contact me.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Regardless of the tuning situation, why aren't you willing to publicly post your power gains? Why do you need people to message you to learn the figure?

FYI you are a new member so you wouldn't be able to message them back anyway.

·
Registered
32 Posts
i go to Eurochraged headquarts here in Houston. I have nothing but good things to say about them. They have franchises around the world that offer their products. I don't know what year/month your car is but their tune only works on cars built before 2013 (don't know the month) so if your car was built after then it won't work. Their franchises sold you a bad tune.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
My e60 m5 had nothing but problems after the eurocharged tune. Knocking under load and rough cold idle in the morning. They sent me a tuning device so they can retune me for $400. But the device did not work at all and I had to pay to ship it back. Went back to stock and all problems went away. Never got a refund for the sh*t tune that I paid $500 for.

A year later I tried my luck again with Evolve. Their tune didn't give me any hassle and their tuning device was easy to use.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Thanks for bringing this issue up, Fahad. I am also confused as to why you wouldn't post your figures openly but I am glad that we can get a conversation going.
I've been holding off on a tune for my 2013 F10 M5 as I am not convinced that any of the numbers being quoted by various "tunes" is, in fact, true. I guess it goes to say whether any of the aftermarket parts on the market are really inflating their numbers to make a quick buck. Obviously there are mods that mechanically make sense such as better air flow, less resistant exhaust, and lightweight parts. However, I'm not sure dyno stats pre and post ECU tune are reliable. Heck I can put my car on different dynos without any mods and get different numbers.
So my question is twofold: why is there no real tune out for the F10 M5 yet and why can't the tunes being made prove reliable?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello guys my car is 2013 and now it has 720 engine hp and 940 torque the car has really changed after the tune my car has akrapovic exhaust ams cat less downpipes and gruppe m intake. Nobody could go into the m5/m6 ecu because they didn't hack it yet thats why you only use piggy backs. my car has performance box. eurocharged guy came to me and added the cable into the car to install the tune, how is that? you didn't crack the ecu. so basically eurocharged is a lie there isn't a tune and numbers are bullshit. i don't know from where did they get those numbers but m5/m6 ecu is very hard to crack. any questions I'm happy to answer hope those are what you're looking for. dyne sheets coming soon when i go back to pp performance. every person can get their m5 f10 tuned by a piggy back only. switzer, pp performance. etc..

·
Registered
172 Posts
We all know there is no tune for the f10. Dude where have you been? Thats old old news. You should have done your research. I'd like to know just how you arrived at the conclusion you have 940tq?

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Hello guys my car is 2013 and now it has 720 engine hp and 940 torque the car has really changed after the tune my car has akrapovic exhaust ams cat less downpipes and gruppe m intake. Nobody could go into the m5/m6 ecu because they didn't hack it yet thats why you only use piggy backs. my car has performance box. eurocharged guy came to me and added the cable into the car to install the tune, how is that? you didn't crack the ecu. so basically eurocharged is a lie there isn't a tune and numbers are bullshit. i don't know from where did they get those numbers but m5/m6 ecu is very hard to crack. any questions I'm happy to answer hope those are what you're looking for. dyne sheets coming soon when i go back to pp performance. every person can get their m5 f10 tuned by a piggy back only. switzer, pp performance. etc..
That must be one hell of a dyno/dyno operative to extract figures like that. Never seen such high gains from a map & zorsthiha

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry to hear that. I have had great luck with Eurocharged as far as hardware and mechanical. Have not purchased a tune because they told me it would not work.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Hello gents , it's been a while since i posted here , Fahad had a bad experience with eurocharged regarding the M5 f10 tune and like he said the man claimed that he can tune Fahad's M5 in just a cable and laptop while we all Know that there isn't a ECU cracked yet , then Fahad did't notice any changes in performance , he kept talking to eurocharged DEALER about the tune and he still claims there IS a tune , making the story short Fahad went to PP-performance and after checking the ECU the software was just a normal BMW software and it was not a tune , so the car gained a huge numbers now with PP and you guys will see soon :)
Thank you

·
Registered
344 Posts
Numbers

Gents,

just to clarify Fahad is claiming 940 Newton Metres which is approximately 690 ft/lbs of torque and 720 hp at the crank
those numbers don't seem so far fetched given some of the races we have seen for pp performance on dragtimes info

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Gents,

just to clarify Fahad is claiming 940 Newton Metres which is approximately 690 ft/lbs of torque and 720 hp at the crank
those numbers don't seem so far fetched given some of the races we have seen for pp performance on dragtimes info
Having tuned & tracked many cars over the years, an increase of 160bhp & 190lbsft from a map & exhaust is at best far fetched, especially given no tuner has actually cracked the F10 M5 ecu so the tunes available are somewhat fudged.

What 1/4mile times are PP Performance cars getting?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Paul,

I see what you saying and I know you have extensive experience with cars, but lets consider the following:

1. Fahad's car has more than just a map and an exhaust. It also has a performance box (akin to a boost controller), catless downpipes and an air intake system.

2. Lets take my 2012 1M Coupe as an example. I gained 80 rwhp by installing the ESS map and catless downpipes. If you multiply that gain by 1.47 (ratio of the M5's engine to 1M Coupe's engines - 4.4 litres vs 3 litres) then you get 120 hp. If you then factor in a 20 percent drivetrain loss, you arrive at 140 hp which is not very far from Fahad's 160 hp gain. Remember that the 1M doesnt have an exhaust system nor an intake!

3. I was getting similar results with my 2012 Golf R. Our version of the car comes with 256 hp. My car was putting out 355 hp at the crank with an intake, tune, downpipe, and 100 USD fuel pump modification (all from APR). Thats from a 2 litre engine. You do the maths.

4. Two other examples are the 996 turbo which is notoroiusly easy to tune because it gains almost 90 whp with just a map and racing cats and the new AMG 5.5 ltire turbos which Gorilla racing is pushing up to 800hp.

5. As for PP performance, I am not sure if their claims are true nor am I affiliated with them but they are the ones I can find most videos for.
These vids are self explanatory:
700 hp M6 PPP vs. 458 Italia Stock vs. E63 AMG 750 hp. Unlim 500+ - YouTube
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 vs BMW M6 F12 PP - YouTube
M6 F13 PP-Performance St.2 vs. Stock M5 F10 - YouTube

6. I am just as frustrated as everyone else that no one has cracked the ECU yet. Lets hope that ESS comes up with something soon.

Best regards,

Khaled

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Paul,

I see what you saying and I know you have extensive experience with cars, but lets consider the following:

1. Fahad's car has more than just a map and an exhaust. It also has a performance box (akin to a boost controller), catless downpipes and an air intake system.

2. Lets take my 2012 1M Coupe as an example. I gained 80 rwhp by installing the ESS map and catless downpipes. If you multiply that gain by 1.47 (ratio of the M5's engine to 1M Coupe's engines - 4.4 litres vs 3 litres) then you get 120 hp. If you then factor in a 20 percent drivetrain loss, you arrive at 140 hp which is not very far from Fahad's 160 hp gain. Remember that the 1M doesnt have an exhaust system nor an intake!

3. I was getting similar results with my 2012 Golf R. Our version of the car comes with 256 hp. My car was putting out 355 hp at the crank with an intake, tune, downpipe, and 100 USD fuel pump modification (all from APR). Thats from a 2 litre engine. You do the maths.

4. Two other examples are the 996 turbo which is notoroiusly easy to tune because it gains almost 90 whp with just a map and racing cats and the new AMG 5.5 ltire turbos which Gorilla racing is pushing up to 800hp.

5. As for PP performance, I am not sure if their claims are true nor am I affiliated with them but they are the ones I can find most videos for.
These vids are self explanatory:
700 hp M6 PPP vs. 458 Italia Stock vs. E63 AMG 750 hp. Unlim 500+ - YouTube
Lamborghini Gallardo LP560 vs BMW M6 F12 PP - YouTube
M6 F13 PP-Performance St.2 vs. Stock M5 F10 - YouTube

6. I am just as frustrated as everyone else that no one has cracked the ECU yet. Lets hope that ESS comes up with something soon.

Best regards,

Khaled
Perhaps i didn't make myself clear. Some engines are in a higher state of standard tune than others. Take the R35 GT-R for example, 80bhp from just a remap is simple & any Tuner can achieve that, certain other cars are harder to extract big gains as they're in a higher state of tune stock. I don't doubt it's possible to extract a fair slug of power from the F10 M5, but 160 who & 190lbsft is one hell of a claim.

Decat pipes are worth around 20-25bhp & the intakes probably 10-15 at best & on high octane fuel so that's still a very big gain from just a piggy back tune.

Although not my concern, i'd be ****ting myself & just waiting for a catastrophic failure if those claims are genuine as for such a gain you'd need to be replacing the rods, injectors & strengthening the gearbox at a bare minimum as is the case on cars that are frequently tuned to similar high levels.

I have not & very much doubt i'll be tuning my F10 M5 as it would be pointless in Europe with the none Arabic weather we have, so will just stick to tracking my car with the stock power levels:)

Reactions: talol85

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have to agree with Paul in respect to whether to tune my F10 or not. I find it extremely difficult to use the full performance of the car as it is on the road. I can't see why you'd require more power/torque in a road car.

I would like to have the speed limiter removed though. I'm not sure I'll ever drive my car over 155mph but I don't like the fact that there is a limit imposed upon us and should I find myself on a track that would allow me to reach maximum speed I would not be happy to hit the limiter.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i definately agree, the speed limiter would pi$$ me off more than not being able to tune it, thats an area tuners should explore more.. removing speed limiters for standard cars.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Personally I think these are all no-name tunes. I wouldn't touch any of them.

Dinan is the most trusted tuner in North America, and Hartge is in Europe. Personally I wouldn't buy a tune from anyone else even if Hartge and Dinan don't have a tune.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Personally I think these are all no-name tunes. I wouldn't touch any of them.

Dinan is the most trusted tuner in North America, and Hartge is in Europe. Personally I wouldn't buy a tune from anyone else even if Hartge and Dinan don't have a tune.

Ok and where's Dinan tune ?? There is no tune yet.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dinan only has a piggy like all the rest. It is on their website now for sale. They also weren't able to break the code.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
My 2008 E60 is Eurocharged and i'm very happy with 30HP gain!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts