1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks superb. I think I would like one without stripes though....

Can't be many E12's around that are as good as that - no wonder it's not cheap!

Regards to all posters

Mfiver

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry I came to this discussion kind of late. I believe the E12 M535i you were referring to on mobile.de was/is owned by a guy named Ulrich. I emailed with him over the summer when he was selling the car. I wasn't seriously interested given that the importation costs would be prohibitive on top of what he wants for the car, plus, I already have a white E12 M535i of my own here in the United States (E12 M535i #18 of the 1410 produced).

Here are more pics of Ulrich's car that he sent me this summer and I put up on my website.

http://www.e12m535i.com/BMW_E12/images/Ulrich_M535i/

It is in extremely good shape and actually, I really like the stripes on the white car. In fact, when my M535i is done, it will look like Ulrich's does except a little bit lower and meaner. In my opinion, the white with //M stripes on a BMW is a color combo that just conveys so much meaning going back to the racing CSL's of the 1970's, the 2002 Turbo, and some of the M1 and E30 M3 race cars. Some things I like on my car better than Ulrich's are that mine has black interior where his is navy blue, I have crank windows for that lean-and-mean configuration, his are power, and I thought I saw a/c on his car. Mine had aftermarket a/c that I removed again for the lean-and-mean design, and also, to restore the car to its original configuration. I do like the extremely low miles his car has though, something that my M535i doesn't have, since she's been around the block lots of times. :hihi:

If you're interested in reading more about my M535i, check out my webpage. I'm a little more than halfway now in an engine rebuild and mini-restoration project. I found my car in the southern United States in May 2003 and she has been a source of much money, time, and effort to achieve my goals of a stunning car. Hopefully I'll get there one day without my wife divorcing me first from all the expenses!

·
Registered
201 Posts
As I recall, it had 80,000 KM on it. For sure a very nice E12 M535i, probably one of the best still out there besides the navy blue one BMW Mobile Tradition has that only has 4,000 KM! The owner did say though that it had been in storage for a few years and that always makes me worry. These cars do not respond well to sitting for long periods of time and in my opinion, it might lead to problems later on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
flipwils11 said:
Here are the pictures of the E12 M535i that BMW Mobile Traditions has. A friend on my E12 M535i list took these when he went there to visit over the summer.

http://www.e12m535i.com/BMW_E12/images/Al_Mobile_Traditions/
Absolutely beautiful car, keep us updated on your project. It's a shame that being in the midwest that thing has to get put away every winter. Having gone to school in Galesburg, IL I remember the winters and how unfriendly they were to cars. Moving back to the west coast means I can take my M5 out during the winter without fear of exposure to salted roads. :2:

·
Registered
201 Posts

Thanks, I'll update with more pics as the progress develops. Right now I just wish it was warm enough to go work in my garage! It's unheated and it isn't too much fun to be out there when it is 15 degrees out!

Shown above is the latest pic of my car after I mounted airdam. The engine bay is still vacant though.

As a side bit of trivia, those clear turn signals in the airdam are my addition. Normally they would be orange. It took me over two years to find those clear ones. They are NLA from BMW. They were only available on E12 5-series cars sold in Italy when new from 1972 through 1974!! So to say they are rare is an understatement!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts