BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im trying to come up with a way, and a good one at that, to use the term "shadowed" on my new vanity plate when the m5 comes back from Shadowman and Discovery Auto.

Im not sure how many letters you can use in the grand state of texas but when i was in florida i had Mag1k (representing the Orlando Magic and the name of my dog "Magik") so that makes 5 total.

Im guessing ill be able to use the same amount but im not sure on whats the best way to spell it. Opinions on the spelling I believe im going to use

Shadwd

Anyone have anything better?

I could also use

SUPRC

or in homage to sean (supercharged) at Discovery auto

CHAOS

·
Registered
203 Posts
You must be pumped waiting for the beast:M5rev:

Here is an excerpt from http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/plate/faqs_info.htm

Dont think you can use Shadwd, as that is 6 characaters.

• Selections may not consist of more than five characters, symbols, or spaces, OR three characters, symbols, or spaces and one silhouette of Texas.
  • Limit of two spaces for punctuation symbols OR one silhouette of Texas.
  • Each square of the selection block may be used to represent one alpha or numeric character, punctuation symbol, or space. The silhouette of Texas requires two selection blocks. Use an asterisk (*) to indicate the Texas silhouette.
  • The only punctuation symbols that can be used are periods and dashes.
  • Selections should be shown exactly as you wish them to appear on the license plate. Selections that contain alterations or erasures will not be considered.
  • A selection that conflicts with the regular license plate numbering system or that has already been issued cannot be approved.
  • The Texas Department of Transportation will notify you when your personalized plate request has been approved. Personalized plate requests will not be processed until this special plate has met the conditions outlined at the bottom of the application (see other side).
  • You may transfer a personalized plate from your current plate to this new plate if it has five spaces or less.

·
Registered
770 Posts
LOL Rob... and I spell it "KAOS" I took from get smart. You know with how your car is going to snarl/growl and probably bite... it will be a lot like him

O2BBLWN hmm to many letters

BLWNM

NOSM5

(heartsign)2SPD

200EZ

BUHBY

C YA

ok now I'm getting silly

But wait if you order now theres more - the frame can say something like

top "Only The"
btm "Shadow Knows"

·
Registered
648 Posts
How about 'shado' (Shadow)

or some other fun ones... "SCdM5" (supercharged M5)

my favorite 'BIAMG' (Bye AMG) :byee55amg

·
Registered
203 Posts
How About "SPY ON"

You know, to spy on someone, shadow them, etc. I think you can use spaces between your letters for texas.

//vic

·
Registered
400 Posts
you could use KAOS5

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey Rob,

CHAOS or KAOS are both cool, and fitting.

SHMAN

SCMAN

I play a lot of Golf now, so my next plate I was thinking

RIP IT Which can be taken many different ways. :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Rob, you could always try to get them to allow this:

3MTA3.. which when seen in one's rearview mirror says :eatme

Good luck pal...

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
andre, no disrespect

but i dont intend on anyone EVER being able to read my front license plate...that would mean that I am behind them, and hence loosing...even if its driving to the quik-e-mart!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
andre, no disrespect

but i dont intend on anyone EVER being able to read my front license plate...that would mean that I am behind them, and hence loosing...even if its driving to the quik-e-mart!mmmmmm

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Rob,

Have you made your decision? Or are you stuck under the "cone of silence" with one of the shadow crew--HA HA sorry, couldn't resist a dumb Get Smart "joke".

Do let us know what you end up with!!!!!

Good luck!

Anita

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anita,

still havent come up with anything for sure...im still debating on the whole "stealth" plate...just normal like but i think the exhaust note will give off too much...dont know yet for sure.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
How much time to you have to decide--my best friend's pretty clever, and loves vanity plates--she wants me to have one that says "186,000"--talk about sounding like I'm bragging HA HA

Oh, since I never even heard of "Shadowman" (I know I'm really out of the lppo) I tried to read that BMW Car mag--it was pretty intense--I'm debating if I should even make minor change even on my M Coupe--sounds like a very exciting process--good luck with it all!

Anita

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
SuperCharged said:
Anita I'm a "Shadow crew" now?

What DO you call someone who stands in the Shadow of a Shadow?

Its a very odd place to be LOL!
Boy, you're asking for it if you want me to pick a label for your crew--best left to those truly witty board members out there.

But, and if you knew me, you would know this was true--what exactly does Shadowman stand for--you know I'm not up on the latest goth comic book heroes and such, so I'm probably missing the obvious!! I know there was a lot of talk in that article about aliens and UFO's. I do have a few slightly impolite things it could mean also hiha hiha hiha

Maybe I will name you people after all!!! Watch out!!

Anita

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
SuperCharged said:
Anita I'm a "Shadow crew" now?

What DO you call someone who stands in the Shadow of a Shadow?

Its a very odd place to be LOL!
Believe or not I FINALLY thought of something to call you--and yes, it's certifiably lame and worse yet, stolen from my kid and his German class.

The other month they were laughing about how illogical it was to have the adjectives light and dark used with certain "colors" and then it dawned on me a couple of days ago, so I hereby dub you....

DUNKEL SCHWARZ or dark black--How's for describing what it's like to stand in the shadow of a shadow
Anita ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich ouich

·
Registered
635 Posts
What about just saying thank you to Discovery Automotive with,

"Thanx"

Regards,

Marion

1 - 20 of 21 Posts