BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the proud owner of a new set of HRE 790 R three piece wheels I am conflicted. Should I have the lips polished and clear coated and the inner barrels clear coated . Or should I simply polish the lips and coat the wheels with a metal coating? I have read about C5 wheel Armor and Opti Coat as well as Liquid Glass. What are your thought on clear coating or one of the other metal coating products?

·
Registered
380 Posts
Wheels take the punishment, so clear coat is the worst idea. Best way is to either just polish them and keep polishing to make them look that way or just get them powdercoated. Powdercoat is simply amazing and easy to clean as well.

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Wheel sealant is your best friend to keep wheels clean. Check out the different companies that offer paint and wheel sealants as they both do one in the same thing, Seal the surface.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Chrome lips is your best bet. Really easy to maintain. I hate polished wheels, too much time and elbow grease. If spoke are aluminum than clear coat. A good clear coat repels dirt and grime so they wash down easily and don't the material doesn't degrade! It's the reason why iForged and HRE's look so beat up after a few years, most are not coated and exposed!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts