BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I normally don't start threads (search does wonders), and rarely post, but today I feel obliged to do so. This morning I updated my navigation OS to version 26, and I must say, this is the BEST modification I have done to my car to date. Don't get me wrong, I love the bluetooth and sirius, and even the Miltek exhaust, but BMW finally got something right.

For those of you who are lucky to have a DVD based navigation, travel over to X5world.com for info on how to update the operating system. If you do a search in their forums (and ours, as I think it was linked a week or so ago) you will even find a post with the OS as a zip file.

Let me just start with saying the graphics are now easy on the eyes. My wife has a Lexus, and the navigation in that used to blow away the BMW, but now, they are in close competition. But the most important part (at least to me) of the entire process, is that the nav map now scrolls with the car. The car stays in the center of the screen. No more waiting until you get to the top of a screen to find out what is coming up.

Now that I've got that out of my system, I can now go back to reading all the good info you guys post .. and take my place back in the shadows :)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Seconded. Streets are now thicker - easier to see - and the the map moves. Now if only v2.7 would include enabling the touch screen functionality so we don't have to much around with clicking and scrolling to punch in an address, the nav system might be even better. :biggrin:

Cheers,
-Darryl

PS: no, there isn't any touch screen functionality. Sorry if I got your hopes up.

El_Mono said:
Well I normally don't start threads (search does wonders), and rarely post, but today I feel obliged to do so. This morning I updated my navigation OS to version 26, and I must say, this is the BEST modification I have done to my car to date. Don't get me wrong, I love the bluetooth and sirius, and even the Miltek exhaust, but BMW finally got something right.

For those of you who are lucky to have a DVD based navigation, travel over to X5world.com for info on how to update the operating system. If you do a search in their forums (and ours, as I think it was linked a week or so ago) you will even find a post with the OS as a zip file.

Let me just start with saying the graphics are now easy on the eyes. My wife has a Lexus, and the navigation in that used to blow away the BMW, but now, they are in close competition. But the most important part (at least to me) of the entire process, is that the nav map now scrolls with the car. The car stays in the center of the screen. No more waiting until you get to the top of a screen to find out what is coming up.

Now that I've got that out of my system, I can now go back to reading all the good info you guys post .. and take my place back in the shadows :)

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
I have come from MK2 through to MK4 v26 so I dont know what 25 is like, but the difference b/w mk2 and mk4 is like night and day.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts