BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Ok mine have two nozzles ie. two pipes on each sprayer.. I've got the e60 ones and they don't fit into the hole. Any ideas why mine have two nozzles rather the the single nozzle shown in the pictures above?
Yep, same here. Evidently there's an engineering difference between years.

RealOEM.com * BMW E39 M5 PARTS F INTENSIVE WINDSHIELD CLEANING

Anyone engineer a simpler way to solve this rather going this route:
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e39...sive-wash.html

A "y" connector, maybe?

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
The problem is that the original nozzles have two pipe connections, each with it's own non-return-valve.
These valves stop fluid from one resrvoir being pumped into the other reservoir, you need them, one on each pipe.

The e60 nozzle has one pipe connection and also has one non-return-valve inside. If you fit a 'Y' piece to the e60 nozzle, both reservoirs are going to be connected and will pump fluid from one to the other.
You could fit non-return-valves to each pipe before the Y pieces (so four on the car) and it would work, but I found this setup suffered a big loss in pressure as the fluid had to be pumped through two valves (one in the pipe and the one in the nozzle). This was with readily available valves in various stores (eg Halfords in the UK), but they took too much pressure to get fluid to flow through them.

If you can find 'low crack pressure' non return valves that will work with the 6mm/1/4" pipe, that would solve it, probably. I couldn't get them reasonably so opted for the solenoid setup, it has no non return valves other than the one inside the nozzles.

HTH.

·
Registered
3,873 Posts

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
I may try it. 30USD/each is a drop in the bucket!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S™ II, Epic™ 4G Touch (Sprint) using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
60 Posts
I performed this mod and am happy but wanted to point out that the E60 wiper jets, at least the ones I purchased from BMW, are not actually a fan. They are actually 3 streams per side, two that are more powerful than the third. The third one in each jet is a smaller stream and hits the outside corners of the windshield. It does not look like there is any adjustment on the E60 version but it hits the windshield just fine right out of the box. These are superior to the E39 version which is just two streams per side, but I was expecting a fan spray from the jets. The only newer car that I have been in that had the fan style was a Lincoln MKX. I wonder how they affix to the hood and if they have two wires for the heated connection? Are there any other better donor cars, possibly from BMW, that have the actual fan spray.

I did not have any problem installing these because I completely removed the jets and pump for the headlights and heavy spray wash. Spraying the fluid on the headlights without any kind of wiper is just stupid in my opinion. It just leaves a trail of spray up the hood of the car. I don't see a need for the heavy spray, the second inlet at each jet. If the windshield is still dirty I can just use the regular non heavy wash to clean it.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Anyone else have an update on these E60 nozzles? My driver side nozzle just fell apart so I need to replace and might as well update. My intensive pump was burned up when I received it so I don't have a problem with the single inlet on the E60, I just will remove all the intensive piping or leave it unconnected.

·
Registered
268 Posts
If you can stand having something non-BMW on your car... ;)

As per this post I fitted Ford C-Max nozzles which are heated and single inlet for under £6 a pair.

I swapped the wire connector over, removed the intensive wash system and disabled the headlight wash.

I now have an easier to clean windscreen and water reservoir that lasts for ages :)

41 - 50 of 50 Posts