BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just picked up a 2007 BMW E60 M5 from norcal and was wondering if you guys can help recommend the best dealership to take my car in for servicing around SO CAL area?

I am currently located in Los Angeles.

This is my first BMW M car to ever own coming from a big Lexus guy.

Any recommendations and warnings to certain dealerships to avoid would be much appreciated!

Thanks guy for looking!

- Jowe

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can anybody suggest a place at least?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't know how far you are from Arcadia, but the indy I used is European Motor Works.
He used to own an E39 M5 and very familiar with M Cars.
I think he also races E36 M3 with S54 engine.
I would trust this shop for any engine related repair.

Another shop I used for simple mechanical repair is AMB Service Center in Duarte.
I don't think they handle M cars a lot, but for replacing suspension parts, brakes, clutch, etc they can handle it just fine.
Labor is very cheap and they stand behind their work.
I've been going to his shop for years with all my cars from American, Japanese and European cars and never had a problem with his work.

Hope it helps....

·
Premium Member
3,534 Posts
I either go to Shelly BMW in Buena Park or Crevier in Santa Ana. in the LA area though, I know a lot of the Mfest guys go to either Pacific BMW or Center BMW.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Stay far away from Sterling!!!!

·
Registered
1,453 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys!

I took my car into Pacific for its first check-up and they were awesome!

I was debating whether I should take it to Shelly or Pacific.

After I saw some reviews on google + Yelp, I think I made the right choice.

·
Registered
910 Posts
BOB Smith in Calabasas. (work with Julia Moffa) I live in OC and I still drive 60 miles each way to go there. They take care of me above and beyond. Stay away from Sterling.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
I dont get it, whats wrong with Sterling? I've been taking my cars there for 8 years (M3, M5, and now M6) and have never experienced any issues. In fact, I get great service when I go there. Any juicy details you care to share with me?

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I dont get it, whats wrong with Sterling? I've been taking my cars there for 8 years (M3, M5, and now M6) and have never experienced any issues. In fact, I get great service when I go there. Any juicy details you care to share with me?
I'm sure not all experiences are bad. There just seem to be more there.
For example, my sister has been servicing her 745 there since she bought it new in 2002. I don't know when the last time they changed the engine air filter was, that thing was disgusting when we pulled it out recently.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok I take my positive review back about Pacific BMW in Glendale.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!

They completely messed up my car, by installing the wrong parts.

Not only did they replace my non issue related parts with the wrong parts they take over 2 weeks + to fix the smallest issues.

Service is horrible.

I went through three different service advisers already, and not one of them ever took the time to call me to let me know when my car was finished to pick it up.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Dealer: New Century BMW in Alhambra and ask for John Velarde.

Indy: European Motor Works in Arcadia, and again, ask for a John.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Dealer: New Century BMW in Alhambra and ask for John Velarde.

Indy: European Motor Works in Arcadia, and again, ask for a John.
i've had my '08 M5 for about 4 weeks now and was also wondering what were the best BMW dealerships for service (still have BMW maintenance warranty and Fidelity warranty). I stopped by New Century in Alhambra today to see what maintenance was due on the beast by them scanning the key fob. I spoke to Greg who seemed like a pretty friendly guy and gave me some advice as to when I can bring in the beast during the "recommended" time frame rather then waiting until the computer on the car says that it needs service. Does anyone know if John Velarde still works at New Century? If so, are they pretty lax about simple bolt on mods (intake scoops, section 3 exhaust, lowering springs, etc.) and not voiding the warranty? I've read many threads on this and it seems like it really depends on the service tech you speak to? :dunno:

thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
655 Posts
I live in Ventura County, and take my M to Steve Thomas BMW in Camarillo... It's a bit of a trek to get there for most, but my SA Rick Wolters and the Master Tech, Cody, are solid guys. Rick always keeps me in the loop as to what is going on, and Cody will help to "overlook" some mods done.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I prefer Center BMW.

I would have said South Bay but I just had a HORRENDOUS experience there. Management called me to clear it up, but nothing so far.

·
Registered
139 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys. edenhurst, what kind of mods have you done? i'm still on the ropes if i should start modding or not. don't know if its worth the nightmare of voiding the warranty from what i hear from other board members. if i do, i'll prob do some simple ones where i can easily revert back to stock in case i need to take it in.

·
Registered
655 Posts
thanks for the feedback guys. edenhurst, what kind of mods have you done? i'm still on the ropes if i should start modding or not. don't know if its worth the nightmare of voiding the warranty from what i hear from other board members. if i do, i'll prob do some simple ones where i can easily revert back to stock in case i need to take it in.
Nothing under the hood... Just straight piped and springs.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you're anywhere near Westlake Village, I highly recommend Westlake Euro Auto. Ron and Judy have a nice little shop and they'll do what your car needs without selling you a lot of unnecessary stuff. Ron loves BMW, and he's been treating my cars right for about a decade now.

Reactions: Edenhurst
1 - 20 of 25 Posts