BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Ah, you mean *LASER* jammer-

Not radar.

There is no commercially available radar jammer- they are illegal (without FCC license)...

A

PS Do a search on the two you mentioned... it's been discussed

·
Registered
58 Posts
Last 03 5 said:
Lidatek, Laser Blinder or?
Greg,

i have started researching the 2 as well, and the board has more experience with the lidatek (thanks to the company's generous group buy) and therefore i think that you will get more feedback about the lidatek. i recently posted a question asking if anyone has gotten a laser issued ticket with either product installed, and no one mentioned that they had.
last year speed measurement labs tested the blinder, and it jammed to the gun on each of the guns tested. i spoke with the lidatek rep and he stated that the lidatek was not released early enough to be included in the independent testing this past year (so we will have wait a few more months for the 2005 testing)
you can read the report on the blinder from sml at: http://www.usblinder.com/sml.htm.
if you look up some of the posts by various board members it appears that individuals with lidatek devices have had numerous 'jam to the gun' experiences.
individuals appear to have selected one vs. the other based on secondary features (ie lidatek's 5 sec jamming followed by turning itself off) rather than actual jamming performance.

best of luck,

bryon

:cheers:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts