BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering purchasing a pressure washer and foam gun to start washing my car. I see a ton of options out there but was hoping someone here had some experience they could share. I think I’d rather go electric than gas for simplicity sake.
As for the foam gun - I was looking at Chemical guys... thoughts?

Thank you,
~Pat

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I ended up with a foam cannon from Chemical Guys and I love it. Really fits the bill! I’ll see if I can’t post some pics of the car covered in foam.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Be aware snow foam will not get everything thing off.
I use both methods snow foam and a sponge bucket to get the road grit off the lower parts of the body work.
If your so set on snow foam the. Your going to need a heated unit.
I used the unit at work that has a burner on it and it works so much better then my Karcher HD 7125

But if it’s pressure washers for automotive and parts washing your interested in then you need a unit that gives out at least 11 litres per minute at no less then 1900psi

Also don’t be fooled at the PSI rating. Most places sell there pressure washers off like how they sell subwoofers and giving out peek power rating. It’s not faults advertising but it’s miss leading.

Also you want a adjustable output for when you wash your engine and other small areas yo don’t want to blast away.

But if it’s just a u it you want advice on I wouldn’t go anything lower then a karcher HD 7125
Anything els are just Chinese toys that your going to throw away in a few years

Iv had mine for over 5 years now, never serviced it and still works like new. Still has the factory oil.

Oh and definitely get one that has a brass pump head. Completely stay away from alloy heads.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts