BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I am thinking of selling my beast. Where is the best place to list the car (besides this board)?

·
Registered
55 Posts
You may have to deal with some flakes and lowballers, but Craigslist will get the most calls/emails and sell the car fastest.

If you don't want to deal with some "noise" an autotrader.com listing @ $40 will bring you more serious customers, but fewer leads.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What about the Roundel mag and internet site from the BMW CCA?

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
What about the Roundel mag and internet site from the BMW CCA?
That's how I found my M5!

Don't forget the classifieds here - lots of smart people researching an M5 before buying it will look here (and other, not as good, BMW forums) for one for sale.

Cars.com and autotrader have worked well for me in the past when selling cars. I think I get more hits from cars.com.

Craigslist is good, but better I think for lower-priced cars.

eBay is good if you are in a hurry and price isn't as important. Those auctions rarely end above wholesale pricing.

HTH,

Michael

·
Registered
377 Posts
I just sold my Miata through Autotrader so I'd have to second Autotrader.

Craigslist got lots of email interest and lowballers but no real buyers. So I'll have to agree with acecar on his assessment.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
when I sold my M3, i used autotrader with some success. Craigslist was somewhat of a joke. i think it is geared more towards lower end cars.

Roundel is ok, but takes forever to post your classified. i did that with my M3, and by the time it was in the magazine, it had already sold.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have sold a few cars through autotrader with good success, including an 02 M3 convertible. you will get a bunch of calls from companies trying to help you with your sale or wanting to connect you with buyers so just have to work through those. good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts