BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I don't know. I put a question on this in another (zombie) thread.

It's here.

Jcolley replies that they did it because margins weren't high enough on the older Bosch. He is very knowledgeable about these engines and their operation. But, I'm not sure if he is joking or not - even in the absence of emojii.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
I don't know. I put a question on this in another (zombie) thread.

It's here.

Jcolley replies that they did it because margins weren't high enough on the older Bosch. He is very knowledgeable about these engines and their operation. But, I'm not sure if he is joking or not - even in the absence of emojii.
Not joking at all, the OEM is made by Bosch and there is no difference. I've used the Bosch injectors on multiple cars, yet to have a problem with them. IMO, injector failures are a result of system contamination and not a function of degradation of the injector itself. When changing fuel filters and pumps now, I disconnect the fuel line at the driver's side firewall and have a hose with a connector that I use to drain to a 5 gallon gas can. I then cycle ignition repeatedly letting the pump try to pressurize the system, but flushing the lines instead until I have about a gallon out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm actually looking at replacing my injectors. These ones have done 297000km and I'm beginning to replace all the parts that start to go out..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everything inside the engine is stock...
I've got my eye on the chain guides, a soon job. But I'm hoping to not have to worry about it until tax time next year lol. When I hope to be able to pick up a spare M62 engine to rebuild so everything I can just do a swap to a fresh engine, then rebuilt the one that I take out to keep as a spare.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Everything inside the engine is stock...
I've got my eye on the chain guides, a soon job. But I'm hoping to not have to worry about it until tax time next year lol. When I hope to be able to pick up a spare M62 engine to rebuild so everything I can just do a swap to a fresh engine, then rebuilt the one that I take out to keep as a spare.

Do you have an e60 M5 with S85 motor?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts