BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so this is a bit off-topic to post on an M5 forum, but I had to share the news with my buds on this board. So I'm (ahem) turning 50. zzzzz Yeah, it happens. I'm a bit glum. :( My wife takes me out to dinner. It turns out it's a surprise party. :happybirt But wait! After the first course I get a little box with a BMW key in it. :confused2 At first glance, it looks exactly like my M5 key, so I figure, big deal, it's my spare key. :rolleyes: But then she brings me outside to the valet parking zone and WOW! There's this new Imola M3 convertible parked there with a big bow on it and balloons and everything, almost like in those Lexus commercials. :eek: The key opens the M3! She says, "Happy Birthday"! :happybirt I always knew I was blessed with the best wife in the world, and nows she's proven it again! lovelove The M3 rag top is the perfect little brother to the beast. kinggf Now if would just stop raining so I can put the top down. :M5launch:

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Need,

Congrats! What an awesome birthday gift from your wife!

What options does that M3 have, and how is it outfitted?

Travis

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What options does that M3 have, and how is it outfitted?
Imola/Black, aluminum shadow trim, Nav, 19" forged wheels, xenons, PDC, HK, heated seats, PS tires, 6 spd manual. Now I've got to resist the urge to mod. Compared to the beast I can already see it needs a good SSK... :flag:

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
Congrts and happy birthday. Congrats on having a wonderful caring wife. Im suprised cuz its only the other way around. "we want, we want" :3:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Hey Need,

Very cool. Congrats on the Mini Beast and Happy Birthday. :cheers:

Are you sure you aren't Too old for the M3. ;) J/K

(P.s Board members are never too old for an M in any form).

MJ

·
Registered
272 Posts
Very nice story, you have a terrific wife!! And Happy Birthday.

An Imola Red M3 Convertible is exactly what I want to compliment my Beast!!

·
Registered
6,354 Posts
Congrats ..... does she have a younger sister? I am allowed 4 wives, have ONE and have 3 to go! :hihihi:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Ahmed said:
Congrats ..... does she have a younger sister? I am allowed 4 wives, have ONE and have 3 to go! :hihihi:
Yes,she has.

She just gave her husband a Murcielago :byebye:

Happy Birthday Need4Spd!

·
Registered
214 Posts
This sounds exactly like the time Fred gave Wilma a bowling ball for his birthday!! Congratulations!!

Need4Spd said:
OK, so this is a bit off-topic to post on an M5 forum, but I had to share the news with my buds on this board. So I'm (ahem) turning 50. zzzzz Yeah, it happens. I'm a bit glum. :( My wife takes me out to dinner. It turns out it's a surprise party. :happybirt But wait! After the first course I get a little box with a BMW key in it. :confused2 At first glance, it looks exactly like my M5 key, so I figure, big deal, it's my spare key. :rolleyes: But then she brings me outside to the valet parking zone and WOW! There's this new Imola M3 convertible parked there with a big bow on it and balloons and everything, almost like in those Lexus commercials. :eek: The key opens the M3! She says, "Happy Birthday"! :happybirt I always knew I was blessed with the best wife in the world, and nows she's proven it again! lovelove The M3 rag top is the perfect little brother to the beast. kinggf Now if would just stop raining so I can put the top down. :M5launch:

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Need4Spd said:
Imola/Black, aluminum shadow trim, Nav, 19" forged wheels, xenons, PDC, HK, heated seats, PS tires. Now I've got to resist the urge to mod. Compared to the beast I can already see it needs a good SSK... :flag:
19" wheels. Oooooh! You know what that means, right? ;)

Happy Birthday and congratulations! :wroom:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Hold on...is your wife trying to test you? When the top drops, the girlys they come a running. As the owner of roughy the exact same car (03.5 with SMG) the car is a good one. You will probably get tired of the raspy exhaust note though, as it really does not fit the tone of the car. So theres mod number one..mid pipes and exhaust. (UUC makes a great rasp elimination pipe..and then you could go with any exhaust of your liking).

Even though Ive had the m3 for the longest time, nothing it will do or can do will ever take your breath away like the m5 will.

Congrats on having, to my knowledge, the most understanding and "coolest" wife on the planet..

ps..age is nothing but a number assigned each year, its truley the heart and mid that make a persons age.

M3forum.net is a great site for the E46 M3 crowd, although there is a bit more "young whipper snappers" on there. HAD TOO..sorry

·
10,455 Posts
Very nice Darryl, hmm, maybe your wife can talk to my wife.... (i'd like a base model, cloth interior, no sunroof, maybe that blue color....)
Happy Birthday. :happybirt
Mike

1 - 20 of 43 Posts