BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Great pictures. I love the second to last one. The color suits the M5 a lot.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
One in three cars sold in the UK is Silver. Boring!

Great pics though :thumbsup:

B

·
0 Posts
beckhammania23 said:
beckhammania23 :cheers:
Thanks for the cool photos, although I am still not "blown-away" by the shape.

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I kinda agree, the car needs something to make it look WAY more agressive. Its just not scary looking. I think it needs some wheel fenders to make it look a bit more aggressive and the nose needs some plastic surgery. Color is boring, I would actually like to see the car in a two tone color. I think imola red, with carbon black on the bottom door panels. Might make the car look interesting. It needs something...

BeastPower said:

Cheers, Daniel.

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
Thanks for the pics! :thumbsup:

I have to defend silver- sure its common, but it is for a reason. Its easy to live with and at a minimum it always looks good. I prefer black, but what a pain in the neck!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
2nd to last pic looks great. The more I see Silverstone II, the more I really like this colour. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
5,171 Posts
Great pics Beckham:)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Great pics, makes me glad I'm going for black!:hihi:

·
Registered
191 Posts
BeastPower said:

Cheers, Daniel.
BeastPower,
I am not blown away by the shape either, but I'm blow-away that is a recent test the E60 M5 was proven to be faster than the 911 carrera S.
Check out this link here

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have been ambivalent about the styling of the M5, but have turned the corner. I really like the look of it now. It has a substantive, masculine bulk and assurance to it.

The CLS 55 is decidedly feminine in appearance. The swoops and curves turn the predatory running gear into a Jaguar clone.

The M5 has Germanic engineering assertiveness and design energy wrapped in a very functional package. Its look becomes menacing once you have seen it perform.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Good photos. But the more I see the car the more I feel the silver doesn't work for it. My current car - the CSL is the only car that I have had in silver and I love its colour.

Somehow the colour does not resonate for me on the new M5. Perhaps a darker colour like blue/black or the new interlagos blue or red will make it more distinctive enough. In silver looks very much like my second car at the moment my BMW 530i !:blink:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts