BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A new Maserati GranTurismo went flying by me on Saturday. I've walked by the one in the showroom on Park Ave a number of times, but this is the first I have seen on the road. Car still had paper plates and the moron was weaving through fairly heavy traffic at 120 mph; shooting across 3-4 lanes of traffic at a time. Would have been fun to track him down and compare the benefits of the world's best engine to the world's prettiest car, but my 3 year old was in the back so no thanks (frankly I would not drive like that regardless in heavy traffic).

Ignoring the idiot behind the wheel, it is a stunning car. Best exterior styling of any car currently in production, IMO. Other contenders?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
A new Maserati GranTurismo went flying by me on Saturday. I've walked by the one in the showroom on Park Ave a number of times, but this is the first I have seen on the road. Car still had paper plates and the moron was weaving through fairly heavy traffic at 120 mph; shooting across 3-4 lanes of traffic at a time. Would have been fun to track him down and compare the benefits of the world's best engine to the world's prettiest car, but my 3 year old was in the back so no thanks (frankly I would not drive like that regardless in heavy traffic).

Ignoring the idiot behind the wheel, it is a stunning car. Best exterior styling of any car currently in production, IMO. Other contenders?

I agree it is a great looking car not the best looking though. Saw one last week the guy came whizzing up to me in traffic making it seem like he was wanting to show me his car could beat mine. Was not a good time (Los Angeles traffic + CHP = trouble) to put him in his place.:nono:

These car are just as heavy as an M6 with less power. Maybe they do not realize how slow they are but they do look sweet.:applause:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
CGT! And cheap too.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Since the Pontiac Aztek is out of production, I will go with the DBS as well. I kinda like the R8 too.....

Cheers ///

·
Company Representative of RPI Power
3,394 Posts
V8 Vantage

I think it's the perfect balance, IMHO. It's visually small, which I like (compared to the huge supercars many manufacturers are making). The lines are taut and tidy, without extraneous bulges, scoops, strakes, or lines. It has great front/rear balance and flow (front doesn't look like a landing strip, nor the back like a donk).

·
Registered
82 Posts
like PandaJoe said, It's a toss up between any car made by Aston Martin.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Another DBS vote. Its amazing.

·
Registered
501 Posts
I would say Bentley Gt, its been a long time favorite of mine.

If small production cars can be included I would say Koenigsegg CCX

Attachments

·
Registered
134 Posts
Since the Pontiac Aztek is out of production, I will go with the DBS as well. I kinda like the R8 too.....

Cheers ///
Thanks I almost spit mountain dew all over the laptop.:haha:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with you on the Maserati GranTurismo, my neighboor has one and it's stunning. Better looking and more exclusive as a Aston Martin DB9, which I prefer to the DBS as it has a 'cleaner' look.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I find the GranSport overstyled and the Bentley's too gauche. Styling wise, the DB9 is beautiful to my eyes. However, all Astons look so similar it's almost becoming lazy. Need to improve driving dynamics too, just like Maserati need to improve bhp and Bentley need to reduce weight.

Guess that's why I drive an M5.

Must admit, out of the sedans, I like the looks of the B7 RS4 and our very own E60 M5. Though production has halted on the former while the latter is admittedly beautiful in the same butch way as my pitbull.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Yep....

+2 I think the DBS is by far the most Beautiful car about to be on the Road!
+3. And I WILL have one of those; yes indeed.

·
Registered
2,500 Posts
Nope.....

I find the GranSport overstyled and the Bentley's too gauche. Styling wise, the DB9 is beautiful to my eyes. However, all Astons look so similar it's almost becoming lazy. Need to improve driving dynamics too, just like Maserati need to improve bhp and Bentley need to reduce weight.

Guess that's why I drive an M5.

Must admit, out of the sedans, I like the looks of the B7 RS4 and our very own E60 M5. Though production has halted on the former while the latter is admittedly beautiful in the same butch way as my pitbull.
'Respectfully disagree. IMO, 'best big sedan styling (both exterior and interior); hands down, no comparison, is Maserati Quattroporte Sport GT S. It's not quite as straightline fast, but outhandles and outbrakes every other big sedan on the road. It's better in the twisties/track; as evidenced by EVO Mag's running scorecard of Bedford 1.8 mile West Circuit (pg's 162-163 of current issue #118). Maser Q time is 1:28.35, vs E60 M5 @ 129.95. To be fair, M5 top speed there is 5mph faster than Maser Q. But that only goes to show superior balance/suspension/brakes Maser Q has.:)

Reactions: Rezf

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
MMMMmmmm I like the Diesel Beetle myself.............90 HP.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am a bit prejudiced, but a Ferrari 430 spider (red naturally) is tough to beat.
Al

1 - 20 of 51 Posts