BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
sound realy nice, but the exhaust pipes are too big in my opinion !

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lets assume performance is an equal. (which it is) You have to judge by sound, looks, and price. The sound is awesome, the looks are second to none, and is priced very resonable. + mllion mile warranty

Guess it's the best!!:hihi:

·
Registered
262 Posts
do you really think it's the "best" or are you hyping it 'cos you got it for free? :nono:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The sound is great but I can't tell if that exhaust is the best.I have AC Schnitzer exhausts on my car and I can tell that all my friends told me that the sound is very different and cool against the original M5's exhaust.Even that,I can't say that my exhausts are the best.What can I say is that i like the design of these exhausts but also that the price is not so attractive :).

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
Yes and per cebu post I also think it should be noted the poster might have an affiliation with the producer / seller since it seems to be the first user tht ever have had this exhaust and it is brand new...

For the record I like the Tubi exhaust alot better,

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
O.K. Saying something is the best, can be easily debated. Would it be better if I said "Very good exhaust system?" I would like to hear some feedback about the sound and look of the system. Seems like everyone is fixated on the word "best."

Just for the record, I searched and heard most of the systems for the beast, including Dinan, Tubi, Kelleners, Eisemann, Supersprint, etc. I was not forced to use this system. I saw how beautiful the full polish was and how huge the tips were, and I was game. The sound is very similar to the Kelleners, which I was looking for, so I went for it.

If you want a great exhaust at a fair price, I think this system is a reasonable one to consider:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
It's still a good post because you can't read how good an exhaust sounds, like almost every exhaust boast post. As a shopper, this is good info for me. I'd like to hear vids from those who think theirs is the best. I would be nice if there was an exhaust vid/sound show-off thread. That'll make shopping easier.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
the sound is quite like that of my B&B's. Its not quite as loud as they were when i added the xpipe though.

I like the tips no doubt as i think that the stock ones look al ittle small to me.

The sound is quite like that of the supersprint with the xpipe on it...nice and smooth without being overly obnoxious on the outside. It has tone of the S62 but still that outside muscle sound to it.

This still has a close part in my heart
http://www.janixworld.com/fun/shdowman_m5_beast.mov

·
Banned
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Gustav said:
Yes and per cebu post I also think it should be noted the poster might have an affiliation with the producer / seller since it seems to be the first user tht ever have had this exhaust and it is brand new...

For the record I like the Tubi exhaust alot better,
What do you like a lot better? The price (USD$2,700)? or the little rolled tips?

·
Registered
445 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
The Drunk Monkey said:
The sound is great but I can't tell if that exhaust is the best.I have AC Schnitzer exhausts on my car and I can tell that all my friends told me that the sound is very different and cool against the original M5's exhaust.Even that,I can't say that my exhausts are the best.What can I say is that i like the design of these exhausts but also that the price is not so attractive :).

Hello I have got the schnitzer exaust to and I love the sound mmmmmm mmmmmm
Do you have a pic of your car with the exaust

And I am thinking of x-pipe with the schnitzer dampers do you know any sound clip with a schnizer damper

The sound is nice now but I wonder how it sounds with a x-pipe and how much HP gain is ther with a x-pipe

best regards<!-- / message -->

·
Registered
837 Posts
I like the sound but it IMO sounds very close to my Kelleners which I only paid 1700 for so its not exactly cheaper then mine and I actually like the sound of the Kelleners better, what can I say the original is often duplicated but never replicated, if your system was titanium and cheaper you might be on to something, but so far you have something that sounds like a kelleners costs the same as kelleners , and looks like kelleners so what do I say???????????? Josh

·
Registered
977 Posts
bmwusa said:
I like the sound but it IMO sounds very close to my Kelleners which I only paid 1700 for so its not exactly cheaper then mine and I actually like the sound of the Kelleners better, what can I say the original is often duplicated but never replicated, if your system was titanium and cheaper you might be on to something, but so far you have something that sounds like a kelleners costs the same as kelleners , and looks like kelleners so what do I say???????????? Josh
Kelleners doesn't come with an x-pipe, so you get more for same $$ on this one. But I guess most people seem to be against the crimped x-pipe design.

Since an x-pipe and exhaust really have zero performance increasing benefits to them, I don't think those crimps would cause a performance decrease. The real question would be what happens once you add headers.

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Just an observation. I have had 4 different exhaust systems on the car in the last 5 years. I am the happiest with the Tubi. That being said, the one down side I see with this new system mentioned here is that the tips actually come together side by side which will make them rather difficult to clean once dirt and debris builds up.

Mark

·
Registered
5,239 Posts
A little OT, but tell whoever the driver was (interior video) that he's going to toast his clutch real soon with shifts like that. You can easily hear the power coming on and the clutch having to drag the RPM down to wheel speed.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.