BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has the best ecu software reflash... i am thinking about going with dinan, but then again i have also known that dinan was that "subtle" "relaxed" aftermarket company, theyll give u power.. but it wont be the most, theyll give you exhaust but it wont be the loudest.. they are always on the conservative side.

And i deff dont want a conservative chip. It also seems like dinan isnt one of those adaptable chips that adapts with your mods as you add/replace them such as powerchip does i think.

I guess im just looking for a chip that will push out the most hp, give you the highest rev limiter, obviously remove governor, and a chip that will make the most jurastic change

So suggestions, opinions.

·
Registered
324 Posts
RPI- PowerChip Stage 2 is the newest and most popular but has yet to be proven, will see in a few weeks

ESS Tune is also Fantastic

Active Autowerke

Dinan..

Thats my list in order from best to worse.. others may agree or disagree..

·
Registered
992 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
RPI- PowerChip Stage 2 is the newest and most popular but has yet to be proven, will see in a few weeks

ESS Tune is also Fantastic

Active Autowerke

Dinan..

Thats my list in order from best to worse.. others may agree or disagree..
ESS Tune great tune, but RPI/PowerChip Stage 2 has blown it away by HP increase. Both Kenny and RabDogs car have proven we both had ESS Software as a Baseline and below are the results.

Kenny Baseline 426hp with ESS
After RPI/PowerChip Stage 2 Tune 443hp

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/m5-e60-group-buy-forum-sponsor-discussion-offerings/126575-rpi-powerchip-stage-2-first-tune-w-guaranteed-gains-rpi.html

Rab Dog Basiline 439hp with ESS
After RPI/PowerChip Stage 2 Tune 453hp

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60-m5-e61-m5-touring-discussion/127215-new-rpi-king-sorry-kenny.html

Proven Results thanks to RPI!!! :goldcup:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Rab Dog - Performed on a Dynojet, correct?

The Dinan increase I showed was on a dyno dynamics. RPI usually has pretty legit products, I just wish they had a branch down here I could get work at.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I have the newest PC tune, leaps and bounds ahead of the previous tunes I had even though they were with PC. ;)

I cant dyno my car at RPI since it sits too low so I have to find another locale.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Will the BMW dealer know that the ECU software has been modified?
My car is still under warranty, asking in case I need to bring it in for engine warranty issue , so want to avoid the finger pointing.

·
Registered
797 Posts
active autowerke has shown 15 rwhp when i dynoed before and after runs. of course that was a couple of weeks between stock pull and ecu upgrade. this gives it enough time to adapt.

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
You have to go with RPI's stage II :M5thumbs:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts