BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
My fav is still the Land speed rocket car filmed by the BMW

Then second would be the CLive owen/Madonna one.

All good ones that you posted though.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Here is one of my Fav's

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N3EmoXztUAs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N3EmoXztUAs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

·
Registered
939 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
One other question. For Tiff's video, does anyone know the song that starts off?

I have read on a couple of areas that it is a Latin opera by Carmina Burana, but I wasn't sure and I am thinking about adding that to the musical collection.

TIA.

·
Registered
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Is that the first video I have posted ?

One other question. For Tiff's video, does anyone know the song that starts off?

I have read on a couple of areas that it is a Latin opera by Carmina Burana, but I wasn't sure and I am thinking about adding that to the musical collection.

TIA.
And the singer keeps saying, come on..... come on...... come on..................
If thats the one, good question, as I use to hear that sing years ago on the radio, when rock music existed.

·
Registered
939 Posts
And the singer keeps saying, come on..... come on...... come on..................
If thats the one, good question, as I use to hear that sing years ago on the radio, when rock music existed.
The one I had a question about was the third one, Tiff Needel's Fifth Gear review video. It is the opera at the beginning when he is coming down the air field through the four power slides up to when he begins his narrative.

I recall a thread from a while ago where people posted their favorite M5 music. I am just looking to add to my collection (Wagner - Ride of the Valkyries, Blur - Song 2, AC/DC - Back in 'Carbon' Black :hihi:, Greatful Dead - 'Two' Tons of Steel, etc). :grinyes:

:hihihi:

·
8,369 Posts
I love the 2nd video (I'm partial because my beast is a LeMans Blue).

That was the first time I've seen that video. Great video.

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
...yea the sound of the second one's exhaust is excellent - maybe straight pipes?

...anyway, I had a big laugh when he hit the rev limiter - always a ugly rush when it happens to me, as I do try hard to avoid it.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The first one was cool but it needed a better soundtrack. The only true "commercial," though, is the one with the land speed record car. The rest are just clips. If it was an M5, the one with Clive Owen wouldve been the best. But it's not, so it doesnt count!

·
Registered
430 Posts
The rest are just clips. If it was an M5, the one with Clive Owen wouldve been the best. But it's not, so it doesnt count!
The Clive Owen/Madonna video is an M5.

I have the DVD.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
The Clive Owen/Madonna video is an M5.

I have the DVD.
It not in all the scenes. In way too many of them it's a 540 sport. Look at the single mufflers! It's like Chevrolet making an "ad" for the ZR1 using the regular C6.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Ok, Let's play how many scenes had the M5/540i sport

It not in all the scenes. In way too many of them it's a 540 sport. Look at the single mufflers! It's like Chevrolet making an "ad" for the ZR1 using the regular C6.
I am pretty sure you are both right. I agree that the M5 was present in some scenes, but I also agree that the 540i sport was in others.

Where's Waldo? No, where's the M5? Didn't want to morph the thread to much, but here goes. :typing:

M5
1.) Garage
2.) Stop light

540i sport
1.) Drive down first street before first power slide (where you see the tach and speedo blip, but the oil temp is at zero or something)
2.) The famous jump (There is no way I could see BMW letting a M5 get wrecked to do that :nono:)
3.) The power slide when Madonna gets thrown out of car. You can see the single tail pipe when it is just about finished

1 - 14 of 14 Posts