BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I HAVE ENOUGH OF MY VIBRATING CNS CLUTCH FLYWHEEL SETUP. Bought new factory flywheel now just need clutch replacement hows UUC or brecus??????????? Will not be dragging car just street light stuff want to sell car this summer. X5M is more fun to drive with auto trans.

·
Registered
5,908 Posts
I HAVE ENOUGH OF MY VIBRATING CNS CLUTCH FLYWHEEL SETUP. Bought new factory flywheel now just need clutch replacement hows UUC or brecus??????????? Will not be dragging car just street light stuff want to sell car this summer. X5M is more fun to drive with auto trans.
I'm running the Brecus Stage 4 Feramic mated to an OEM FW and it has been terrific so far. I have about 1200 miles on it now and have ripped on it a bit and it holds nicely without being harsh. As I expected, there is a fair amount more pedal effort required - maybe 30% - but I'm not bothered by it and actually like the feel as the engagement point is more definitive. There was some mild chatter on take-up during break in that has almost completely diminished now. I do believe that I'm the only E39 with this clutch so you're not likely to get another opinion anytime soon. At this point, I'd have to give it a hearty :M5thumbs:

If you're planning to sell, why not just go OEM? My car recently made 479 rwhp and my stock clutch was holding. A new stock unit should hold you just fine for a good while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts