BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am thinking of painting the calipers on Lightning McQueen and would like some input. At this point, I am thinking black or silver. I have stock rims. I have painted calipers silver before, and it gives a nice clean look, but I think it may not look good against the darker color of my rims, which is making me think black would be better. If any of you have any opinions, or (even better) pics, please post up and help me make a decision!
Side note: I am in no way thinking BBK, so please save that suggestion thanks.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Black calipers and coloring the ///M logo with the corresponding colors would look nice!

Or maybe close to imola red to match the car?

·
Registered
272 Posts
I personally don't like the look of colored e39 m5 calipers but doing them in black with the corresponding m colors in the m logo indent looks really nice

·
Registered
694 Posts
Dark grey, just to freshen it up.

In my most humble opinion painted OE calipers look ricey unless they are huge and come from the factory in a different color.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
Go for black for a nice contrast with the wheels man.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Well forget about that. Yellow BMW performance big brake kit. Save up for this. It's definitely on my to do list.

·
Registered
3,600 Posts

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Not to mention that the yellow would look horrible on emola.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well forget about that. Yellow BMW performance big brake kit. Save up for this. It's definitely on my to do list.

as I mentioned in my OP, I am not looking at a BBK, just want to clean up the look of my old nasty stock calipers... and no offense, but I wouldn't want to mess up the look of this:

with yellow calipers (just not my taste)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts