BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, I just wanted to see if anyone had any success to clean their leather seats that are in pretty bad shape as this one shown, I am not expecting to restore back to brand new but definitely want to remove those dirty sections and wondering if anyone had any success of getting similar seats cleaned, is it even possible? This seat is from bentley continental driver side, I know some E60 come with white interior and wouldn't be surpised if someone have similar condition on their car seats, any help would be great. I need to know the name of the brand, where to buy thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
  • Vacuum to remove loose dust
  • Wipe with a damp micro fibre towel
  • Clean surface with a water-based cleaner (Leather Master Strong Cleaner) by applying product to a clean micro fibre towel, using medium pressure
  • You may have to repeat the above cleaning
  • Once surface is dry apply a water-based leather surface protection (Leather Master Leather Protection)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Automotive leather upholstery is a multi-strata urethane coating; consisting of the actual hide, colour pigmentation and the surface finish. An acrylic and polyurethane resin binder system is used to improve flexibility, fastness and adhesion to the leather, then two or three water-based pigmented base coat applications a clear water-based top coat is then applied as the final stage of the finishing process. Urethane and pigmented finished leather has micro-pores that allow evaporation and hydration (the passage of water vapour) they are not sealed per se as liquid vapours penetrate it easily; others liquids stay on top dependent upon their molecule size.

See also “Oil and oil-based leather products” an extract from one of a series of i articles “The Art & Science of Detailing” - TOGWT

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
May I suggest that you have a look into the products from LTT Leather, its what I use and it is superb :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts