BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read a lot of positive comments about the Dinan rear sway and am thinking about doing the upgrade along with a Bilstein B8/Intrax suspension refresh. Bimmerzone has a rear swaybar kit that includes Beastpower brackets, Powerflex bushings, and Lemforder tierods ($199.95, gulp) but they recommend that the kit be paiired with the OEM rear swaybar. Is anyone aware of any fitment issues (particularly the bushings) if I go with the Dinan bar??

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
The powerflex bushings will fit around the Dinan rsb, although they are a bit tight. A good pair of clamps / vise grips will get you there.

Pro tip: tape the grips so you don't mar the brackets

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good stuff. Should I assume my Indy's bushing press will more than suffice then?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mgdmb:

Apologies if I'm covering the same ground here, but I've done a little more research on the subject and just want to confirm something. Apparently the Powerflex bushings with the largest holes will accomodate a 16.5mm RSB. The Dinan RSB is 17mm, but will fit if one has the tools you suggest (plus some lubricant, no doubt), correct?

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
PF bushing fits fine with Dinan bar and BeastPower brackets. Lots of members have this combination. There's a Powerflex Black one now too: PFR5-504-165BLK

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Thanks Brendan!

I have the Dinan rsb and PF bushings, BillyT. Speaking from experience here, only Rao will lead you astray ;)

·
Registered
238 Posts
Bringing up an old thread... but all you guys with PF bushings on the rear bar...

How's the squeaking with the bushings?

Assuming you all used the grease that comes w/ PF... how long does it last to prevent squeaks?
Is there another grease anyone found that works better? Like Energy Suspension's Formula 5 grease.. etc.

Thanks~

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
In regards to tail happy, that depends on how you set it up. As to more jarring (or not) it's no different from stock.

The more towards the inner holes you go, the more tail happy the car gets. I found that middle holes for a staggered setup and outer holes for square is nice and neutral. YMMV.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Depends on how you plan to drive it. For the track, the stock suspension has way too much body roll. For a DD, grocery getter, highway killer, it's great in stock form

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not sure it's relevant but have PF bushings on E90 and they started to squeak after about 5K miles. Sure would like to know what sort of grease they supply because they are not generous with it!

·
Registered
238 Posts
From what i seemed to gather so far,

1) PF gives you a copper grease...
haven't heard much about it for longevity.
... hoping for luck like Brendan's.

2) Energy Suspension has their super sticky, proprietary grease they call Formula 5...
Online reviews seem to love it, but a friend who used it all over his truck (with ES bushings) said they squeaked after 6-10 months too.

3) Marine grease. I used synthetic Marine Grease a decade ago in my SUV lift kit that had ES bushings all over. Seemed to work well, but not tested over long term. Sold the truck a yr after.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts