41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #42

·
Registered
597 Posts
Is it possible that the dealer could detect that the FAMS tune had been loaded if you flash back to the stock tune before taking it to the dealer. I have a Mondial warranty and don't want to cause myself problems if I need to make a claim .

Thanks

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Is it possible that the dealer could detect that the FAMS tune had been loaded if you flash back to the stock tune before taking it to the dealer. I have a Mondial warranty and don't want to cause myself problems if I need to make a claim .

Thanks

Not as long as you remove the handheld from the glovebox. ;)

The initial read that is fine when you first receive the tablet is full backup. You have the option to place that back on the DME and it will remove every change that was made. There is no write to the AIF field like what BMW's software performs, so there is no official "record" that a write was performed.

In short, no, not possible to be detected that it used to be modified.

·
Registered
39 Posts
For what it is worth, and I am not a gear head to the level many on here are (That's a compliment!). I used the Turner ECU tune on my M5 and I like the improvement. Redline increase, top speed limiter removed, fuel maps, shift points all subtle improvements that are noticeable. Oh, and suggested horsepower increase to 25HP and 20 FT.Lb. Not massive, but noticeable.

No issues, not codes at all. I am really happy with the results. At the time I had to send in my ECU but they have a ship kit now. Just a no hassle option.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts