BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really happy with my 01 M5 amid recently picked up a 2001 540it to add to the fleet. Light hit in the front. I might consider replacing the headlights with my OEM assemblies. What is everyone using for aftermarket lights? I have the factory xenon. Brights housing are a bit busted up but lots of good parts.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How about chrome grilles? i hear alot of stories that most aftermarket do not fit very well.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is this so that when we hit the high beams all headlights are on? i have the reisler Navcoder and i have reflashed my M5 so all on with high beams including fogs. I have not done the reaserch into the Bixenons. I do have soem xenon filaments in my fogs that are not correct. they stick too far into the light and there is massive glare. do they make shorter xenon bulbs?

OEM with a proper HID Projector conversion would be the way to go.

·
Registered
102 Posts
is this so that when we hit the high beams all headlights are on? i have the reisler Navcoder and i have reflashed my M5 so all on with high beams including fogs. I have not done the reaserch into the Bixenons. I do have soem xenon filaments in my fogs that are not correct. they stick too far into the light and there is massive glare. do they make shorter xenon bulbs?
Nope... This is a replacement/retrofit of Xenon or Bi-xenon low beams for your old OEM halogen or xenon low beams.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts