BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out about other Cannonball type races, such as the Player's Run and the Bull Run, although much small, a chance to see supercars unleashed onto the roads. Are there any other Cannonball like races besides these 3?

Just curious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Taber said:
I just found out about other Cannonball type races, such as the Player's Run and the Bull Run, although much small, a chance to see supercars unleashed onto the roads. Are there any other Cannonball like races besides these 3?

Just curious.
NO :hihi:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
267 Posts
Some people have no choice but to use others.

The gumball is a "click" event in my opinion.
(no offence to the gumball entrants here as i have many as friends)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
316 Posts
Gustav said:
Gumball is the ones, the others are just copies.
You are right Gustav. There is only one Monty Phyton Driving Circus.

Someone should create a real street racing event. A world championship of street racing... with the best cars and drivers... and prize money... and true luxury... and a real hollywood movie should be produced about it... and a highend computer game with the best physical 3D engine... and a 2 day party that the world will never forget. MAN THAT WOULD BE COOL! ouich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
The Cannonball 8000 goes form London to Rome each year (http://www.cannonball3000.com/) - although while i'd say its great fun, its really just a gumball rip-off. Just look at the weblink name?? It is however a bit more affordable than the gumball at only £3000. Has anybody taken an M5 on it in the past couple of years??


Paul
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
There is also the Torpedo Run coming up in September: www.torpedorun.com

That event includes race tracks, a race between the particpants in hovercrafts, the DTM-race in France a visit at Pagani in Italy, many parties and a lot of fun on the road. :cool:

It's worth a try!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,449 Posts
Then there is the NudeGirls Run.Just send me $10k each,And I will make sure a nude girl is your co-pilot from Los Angeles to Lake Tahoe.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Taber said:
I just found out about other Cannonball type races, such as the Player's Run and the Bull Run, although much small, a chance to see supercars unleashed onto the roads. Are there any other Cannonball like races besides these 3?

Just curious.
Last year there were two Bullrun events, the 7 day Bullrun USA with approx. 80 cars (including many Gumballers, i.e. myself, Joe Macari, Richard Rawlings, Nicholas Frankl, and others) and the Bullrun Europe with nearly 50 cars....so I wouldn't call these small. The Bullrun addresses a lot of complaints Gumball participants have had in the past, but I prefer to remain diplomatic about this.

I've never met anyone on Gumball or Bullrun who's done anything else. I think it would be hard to do more than 2 or 3 rallies a year and still have time for work!

Best,
Alex
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
192 Posts
I dont see how anyone can take the risk of doing such events in the United States, Especially if they are a U.S. Driver. The risks of loosing your license or even being put in jail for day while facing serious legal problems is just too much for me. I personally think that U.S. "gumballers" need to just stay out of country. How do you take those risks Alex? I know living in NJ i can't risk losing my license.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Which of these Euro-based events is the most affordable for the average entrepeneour?:flag:
What´s the average cost of a gumball rally , say for a E39 M5?(fuel, entry fee, toll,anything else??)
Are sponsors generally allowed?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
Among others, I participated in the 2002 Gumball, the 2003 Players Run and also in the Memorial Run. This year it's time for the Torpedo Run.

During the Torpedo Run (16th September 2005 - 24th September 2005) you drive for almost 5000 km across Europe. In the entry fee of 9860 Euros included are almost every costs: luxury hotels including breaktfast and dinner, parties everey night and also on every daily leg a special event at the checkpoint (racetracks, hovercraft race between the participants, DTM-race in France etc.). The entry fee for Torpedo Run is cheaper than the one for the Gumball. But the participants get a lot of fun on the road, parties, events an more for their money. It's really worth every cent!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Oz-cro said:
Which of these Euro-based events is the most affordable for the average entrepeneour?:flag:
What´s the average cost of a gumball rally , say for a E39 M5?(fuel, entry fee, toll,anything else??)
Are sponsors generally allowed?
Sponsors are allowed as long as they dont conflict with overall event sponsors.

All teams pay an entry fee (8-10,000 BPS). The rest depends entirely on the entrant's car, shipping, insurance, equipment, fuel, etc. These vary widely, but I think they must range from $25,000 USD to $50,000. These figures assume you already own the car. If not, add $15-50,000 USD for rental, and who knows for purchase.

Shipping a car by sea is approx $3000 each way from the US to Europe.

best,
Alex
___________________
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
polizieim5 said:
Sponsors are allowed as long as they dont conflict with overall event sponsors.

All teams pay an entry fee (8-10,000 BPS). The rest depends entirely on the entrant's car, shipping, insurance, equipment, fuel, etc. These vary widely, but I think they must range from $25,000 USD to $50,000. These figures assume you already own the car. If not, add $15-50,000 USD for rental, and who knows for purchase.

Shipping a car by sea is approx $3000 each way from the US to Europe.

best,
Alex
___________________


Thank you very much Alex:M5thumbs:

Hope to see you soon one one of these events as a fellow competitor:M5rev: ;) :wroom:
I want to drive my own car, a rental is too much trouble IMO, Im thinking BMW M5 or Audi RS6:M5launch:
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top