BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Yall!

Long time lurker, first time poster; I figured it was time to finally introduce myself.

I'm the proud owner of BL01503, a Mugello Red Touring. For those of you that follow BAT, you would know that I'm not exactly a new owner; I've been in charge of this steed since early June. I've been slammed this year between work and car projects and just haven't had the time to stop by until now.

A brief introduction of how I got here. This will actually be my second E34 M5, I briefly owned an Alpine White sedan before it was taken from me too early by a Subaru Outback with no regard for red lights. I tired replacing that with a M52 swapped E30 (now my DD), but it just wasn’t the same. So when I saw the Touring pop up on my weekly BAT search I figured it was destiny.

I’ve been busy reconditioning as much as I can since then. I’ve rebuilt most of the rear suspension including newly rebuilt shocks from Nagengast and basically the entire SLS system. I pulled the entire intake system off and replaced all the vacuum lines and seals along with re-installing the rest of the fuel system. We made the maiden voyage around the block the other day and I spent today getting the valves adjusted. I’ve still got some cooling system issues, I think the thermostat is stuck closed. Ill hopefully get to that after the holidays.

-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
Hi Matt.
I had missed this entry and introduction until now.
Still, meanwhile we are communicating under the
,M5touring registry’ thread/heading.
You would like the ,turbines’ for your car ?
Have you seen a picture with an E34touring with turbines fitted ?
The prototyp E34 M5touring used for the introduction
motorshow in autumn 1991 (Avusblau-met.) was fitted
with these early E34 M5 ,turbine style’ wheels.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I will be keeping my eyes open for a set of turbines covers for a reasonable price.
I think I have seen the picture of the car you describe.
Not that I dislike the t-stars, but the turbines offer a bit of a more unique look to the standard touring, plus the intricacy of their design has always fascinated me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts