BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I should have done this before starting to post here, but better late then never.

I live in Michigan and my business is about six miles or so away from Troy's. I purchased a 2008 Interlogos Blue M5 with Silverstone interior two days after this past Christmas and drove to Philadelphia PA to pick it up. It was the best present I ever gave myself.

I looked for several months to find one that met all of my criteria. It had to have a 6 speed manual trans, have a non-black two tone interior, have less than 55,000 miles on it, have no accident history, be one of three colors and under $36,000. I drove it back from PA the Saturday after Christmas and didn't drive it again until April. If it wasn't for the fact that I spent those few months detailing and doing a few mods I would have gone nuts waiting.

It now has a full RPI GTS exhaust, black MRR GT7 OEM size wheels, a few interior mods, charcoal filter delete, CCC to CIC controller upgrade, RD Sport sway bars, black OEM BMW kidney grills and now new rod bearings. I decided on the E60 because my daily drive was an E39 and didn't want two of the same platform and I couldn't afford a F10. There other major draw was the legendary V10 engine. As you all know, with a good exhaust, the sound of that engine at any RPM is intoxicating.

I am absolutely loving the car. It is not an exageration to say that before the M5 I was working seven days a week with one week of vacation in ten years. I now take at least one, if not two days of every weekend to take the M on road trips just for the pure enjoyment of driving.

I spent about six months on this forum before my first post absorbing all the information I could soak up, and I thank everyone here for the wealth of technical information they have provide this community. I hope I can be a positive contributor here as well. I don't want to violate any forum rules so I won't mention the name of the company, but I am the principle owner of a small manufacturing firm that makes very high quality, very cost effective parts for BMWs. Now that we have an E60 M5 developmental vehicle in the stable you will soon see some new products I think you will really like. Please don't ask me more information because I don't want to jeopardize my welcome here. Once we have enough M5 product sales to justify sponsoring this forum we will.

Gary

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe I need to move to your neighborhood, it appears it is getting to be the M5/M6 Mecca
To be honest with you I have yet to see another M5 or M6 on the road here, and that includes Troy. I wish I had some local M guys to hang with once in a while.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
To be honest with you I have yet to see another M5 or M6 on the road here, and that includes Troy. I wish I had some local M guys to hang with once in a while.

i feel your pain man. thats how i felt when i was still living in detroit before the move to LA.

there's a really cool group of guys out there called TSE. they are on FB and do meets & runs every so often. look up the group on facebook or msg me on FB (username umichchris) and i can get you added - its a closed group with about 130 members. awesome dudes that i still keep in touch with even tho i live out west now...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts

Your not looking inside the transporters that are coming and going from Toy's place, LOL.

I surmise this based on Troy having done 27-customer engine replacements

I miss Michigan, particularly being on the Sunset Coast in Stevensville, only a stones throw from Lake Michigan (so the Real Estate Agent said).

It must have been a stone thrown by Matt Mantei (my former neighbor) who had a 100-mph fast ball. LOL

Matt Mantei - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

It is a fact that MI roads are tough on nice cars, thus rare sightings indeed.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It is a fact that MI roads are tough on nice cars, thus rare sightings indeed.
Not to mention, the only twisty roads are highly traveled roads around lakes or along side rivers, with lots of blind corners, drive ways and cross roads. I never feel comfortable pushing her in those circumstances. I hope to be heading out west for a two week "M" vacation in late Sept or early Oct.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
there's a really cool group of guys out there called TSE. they are on FB and do meets & runs every so often. look up the group on facebook or msg me on FB (username umichchris) and i can get you added - its a closed group with about 130 members. awesome dudes that i still keep in touch with even tho i live out west now...
Thanks, I'll check into that!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Congrats! I too just recently bought an M5 and haven't seen other M5s in my neck of the woods. Looking forward to seeing your Detailed DIY thread on the Rod Bearing replacement. Maybe it will give my some guidance and motivation to tackle the job myself.

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,268 Posts
Welcome and congrats! You have the best/fastest color! And they only made 97 Interlagos Blue 6MTs for the USA.

Let's see some pics!!!

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Welcome! Lets see some pics of that interior bi-colour....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts