BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been thinking about buying M5 for a few weeks now and today I did it.

Bought a Silvestone II demo from local dealer. It has done 8500 miles it is fully loaded with Silverstone interior. Went for a test drive and was smitten.:crying:

Any tips on what to look for from owners who have had an M5 for a few months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking, and what spec did it have?



lsimmo said:
I have been thinking about buying M5 for a few weeks now and today I did it.

Bought a Silvestone II demo from local dealer. It has done 8500 miles it is fully loaded with Silverstone interior. Went for a test drive and was smitten.:crying:

Any tips on what to look for from owners who have had an M5 for a few months.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
turton said:
What did you pay if you don't mind me asking, and what spec did it have?
Telematics,logic 7,full merino leather,multi func seats,tv func, remote control,

£66,000.

I hope this is a sensible price
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Congratulations! Sounds pretty reasonable given the full leather.

A shame you just missed our latest meet; I'll definitely plan another before Christmas. In the meantime here are some pics from our last one:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59739

Do fire away if you have any specific questions :byee55amg
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ashok Arora said:
Congratulations! Sounds pretty reasonable given the full leather.

A shame you just missed our latest meet; I'll definitely plan another before Christmas. In the meantime here are some pics from our last one:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=59739

Do fire away if you have any specific questions :byee55amg
Looks good to me.
Where did you meet?
Have you considerd a track day meet in the summer


:M5launch:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Runnymede Hotel, M25 J13 in Surrey.

I'm always open to suggestions so a track day is definitely a possibility. We may to incorporate some other 'activity' for those who don't want to put their cars on the track on the day. Let's have your thoughts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
123 Posts
I would recommend the elecric rear blind- great fun; and the manual side ones- I leave most up when parked and even when driving- can still see out of them, but it stops others seeing in- from the outside it looks v. cool- looks like darkened glass.


The TV is good but don't get much chance to use.
The electric rear seats aren't much extra- and you get two lighter sockets thrown in placed in the centre just behind front seats, so good if then want to buy DVD players for kids.

Full merino is great (the alcantara is thrown in a looks amazing)
Why not bluetooth phone prep? And for a London driver- surely the perforated seats and ventilated option??

The price sounds perfectly sensible. Once you have it, you'll love it.


lsimmo said:
Telematics,logic 7,full merino leather,multi func seats,tv func, remote control,

£66,000.

I hope this is a sensible price
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top